Utica NY ABC MMA Officials Training 1/12-1/13

Greetings UG!

I have just confirmed the dates for an ABC recognized MMA Referee and Judge Training weekend in Utica, NY January 12th and 13th, 2013. 

The Judge course will be Saturday at the Radisson Hotel in Utica, NY. It will feature the newly passed MMA scoring criteria. A list of prerequisite knowledge can be found on my website at : 

http://www.refereesolutions.com/content.php?sid=9856&ssid=25388

The Referee course will be Sunday at the Radisson with in cage training across the street during the afternoon.  This course is limited to 10 individuals and has 5 openings left at this point.  A list of prerequisite knowledge can be found at: 

http://www.refereesolutions.com/content.php?sid=9855&ssid=25387

If any of you have questions or would like more info please feel free to contact me via my website. 

If you are from NY and looking to get involved, now is a great time to do so. Amateur shows are booming and looking for officials all over the state. If you complete an approved training course, then gain experience on the amateur circuit, you will be in a great position to become licensed when the state approves professional MMA in the near future.

Hope to see you there!

Kevin "the Ref" MacDonald

This is a lot more notice than Watertown, but I still don't have the experience necessary. Phone Post

Watertown was a last minute thing. Now that Amateur MMA in NY is taking off, one of the guys who is helping to staff many different promotions put this together.

Also, one of the things about my courses is that, should you fail, you can always retest at a future course free of charge.

My goal is to help get the right people into the right positions.

Maybe you should get involved as a timekeeper of scorekeeper to start.

Keep at it and we'll get you there!!

Kevin

Sounds interesting Phone Post

donnybrook - Watertown was a last minute thing. Now that Amateur MMA in NY is taking off, one of the guys who is helping to staff many different promotions put this together.

Also, one of the things about my courses is that, should you fail, you can always retest at a future course free of charge.

My goal is to help get the right people into the right positions.

Maybe you should get involved as a timekeeper of scorekeeper to start.

Keep at it and we'll get you there!!

Kevin

A free redo is an awesome offer. Takes the money out of the equation over someone passing, too.

jTheHybridwolff - Sounds interesting Phone Post

Jay! Make the trip and I'll hook you up with a place to stay . Phone Post

Thanks Kirik,

As a trainer I want to get the best people who really care about the sport into the positions that matter. If that means someone needs a bit more work, and they put the time in, well I don't feel comfortable charging them a 2nd time. Those who have taken advantage of the retake have really shined. Plus it demonstrates that they take it serious and that shows dedication.

Also, for those who may consider getting into officiating later on, getting the class out of the way early makes the path much cooler.

Kevin

What is the price for this? Can't click link on my phone. Phone Post

The Judge course is $175 in advance or $200 the day of.

The Referee course is $275.

The hotel is offering rates of $109 should you be traveling and wish to get a room.

If you have any questions feel free to contact me anytime.

Kevin

TTT

What would you recommend for my situation? As a timekeeper etc what should I sign up for? Phone Post

what is the standard pay for referees and judges in amateur and pro mma?

ttt

Tommy Gunnz - what is the standard pay for referees and judges in amateur and pro mma?

Every state is different, contact the Commission you are interested in and ask them.

It's true every state is different regarding pay. Also, the level of show can change pay as well. On average, in the northeast, referees make about $250/event (NJ,MA,NH,ME) That number can go up if the event is televised, large capacity, PPV, etc. Judges are usually paid between $150-$200. Timekeepers are usually around $100.

Bearock, your best bet would be to get in with the officials in your local area. I recommend being trained in as many disciplines as possible. That way, if there is ever an issue (sick, injury, conflicat of interest,etc) you can possibly jump from timekeeper to judge and make a few extra bucks. If you are in NY, Forrest Hobbick, the guy putting this upcoming training together, has been contacted by multiple promotions regarding staffing their events. He would be the guy to talk to if you are only looking at timekeeping.

If you need his number or have any more questions, give me a call or email anytime anytime! My number and email are on my website.

Kevin MacDonald
ABC MMA Officials Trainer
www.refereesolutions.com

I was born and raised around Utica and it seemed like the area waited til I left to get rolling in this shit. Good luck to you.

Thanks! Hopefully we can get NY some qualified, experienced officials up and running to hand in applications the day pro sanctioning in NY finally happens. Phone Post

ttt

ttt