VA CLAIM HELP!

I got a letter in the mail the other day. It asked if I wanted to do my appeal the trading way or through a DRO. Do any of you have any experience as to which way is better? Phone Post

This question is for all of you vets, how long did it take you to get your claim back? Claim start, physical, and decision?

I had DAV start my paperwork in May 2012 and I finally had my VA physical done on July 2013. I've heard different things from people on the response time. I've heard 1-2 years, and even up to 3 years?!?!

Thanks for the feedback Bonerfart! I was able to create an account online with the e-benefits and found out my claim was completed on Aug 13th and they mailed me the paperwork yesterday. I called the regional office and they can not tell the results over the phone and that I would have to wait until I receive the paperwork via mail. I can't wait till receive the news. I'm just happy that it's completed after nearly 15 months (which is not that bad from what I've heard).

I need to find the VSO for my area so I can start the appeal process....again. I fucking hate these guys.

bonerfart -
virux11b -

I need to find the VSO for my area so I can start the appeal process....again. I fucking hate these guys.

So your appeal was denied? What was the reason it was denied (if you care to say). Phone Post

I didn't read that far before I threw the paperwork and said a bunch of mean things.

Also, if you look at you ebenefits and look in the va download papers you can see how much you are going to get paid monthly and see your % Phone Post 3.0

My first one I'm appealing is my mouth. They didn't have evidence yet they have my preinjured X-rays and post. A shovel hit my mouth and knocked a tooth out, chopped one in half, and fucked up my entire alignment to where I have a gap in between my crown and my real teeth. I also have an underbite now.

The other appeal I have to do is PTSD. I'm on meds and I see a counselor 2-3 times a month for it. Yet they deny it. Just pisses me off. They want you to say fuck it and not get your shit. Phone Post 3.0

I got back a good %, and I received a check (back pay)in the mail yesterday. Kind of weird cause they should have my banking info from my Post 9-11, but when I called on Friday they said it's separate departments.

I'm happy with what they gave me, but I made the mistake of not going to sick call during my active duty years for things that were bothering me. Mostly from combatives training and competitions.

I didn't have a sleep study done till I got out of the Army. I use a CPAP for my sleep apnea, but they said it's not service-connected cause I was off active duty when I got diagnosed. Too be honest I was surprised they gave % for sleep apnea. But the DAV told me that it falls under service-connected, so I'm going to take they're advice and try to appeal it.

This check couldn't have come at a better time, I just lost my job last month and got into some legal problems and we've been struggling.

virux11b - My first one I'm appealing is my mouth. They didn't have evidence yet they have my preinjured X-rays and post. A shovel hit my mouth and knocked a tooth out, chopped one in half, and fucked up my entire alignment to where I have a gap in between my crown and my real teeth. I also have an underbite now.

The other appeal I have to do is PTSD. I'm on meds and I see a counselor 2-3 times a month for it. Yet they deny it. Just pisses me off. They want you to say fuck it and not get your shit. Phone Post 3.0

You need to appeal it. I was told that you can have witnesses write a statement about your injury on your behalf.

I don't know how they can deny your PTSD claim?!?! Your counselor should be able to submit paperwork for you. I was told that they base you off of how it affects your everyday life, and if you are able to function everyday. The way they view it, is if you can hold a job and have no legal problems that your okay.

I'm sorry to hear that they fak'd you over, fight the decision and I'm sure you'll get what you deserve. Good luck and keep us posted.

ChinoV -
virux11b - My first one I'm appealing is my mouth. They didn't have evidence yet they have my preinjured X-rays and post. A shovel hit my mouth and knocked a tooth out, chopped one in half, and fucked up my entire alignment to where I have a gap in between my crown and my real teeth. I also have an underbite now.

You need to appeal it. I was told that you can have witnesses write a statement about your injury on your behalf.

I don't know how they can deny your PTSD claim?!?! Your counselor should be able to submit paperwork for you. I was told that they base you off of how it affects your everyday life, and if you are able to function everyday. The way they view it, is if you can hold a job and have no legal problems that your okay.

I'm sorry to hear that they fak'd you over, fight the decision and I'm sure you'll get what you deserve. Good luck and keep us posted.
I hold a job and I don't have legal trouble. The problem is the people I love will suffer tremendously if I don't stay talking to counselors and the anti depressants and anti nightmare meds. Once my free time is up ill have to pay out of pocket for all this, which I cannot do. Bunch of fuck nuggets Phone Post 3.0

^^^ I know. It just pisses me off having the background job wise and merits to prove I should have it. Just pisses me off when some cunt gives an opinion that I don't. Phone Post 3.0

Almost 3 years later I finally got 60%

Fuck the va Phone Post 3.0