Vacationing in Toronto, TME!

Thread title says it all. My wife and I will be going there from March 20-30ish. Are there any bad areas we should avoid? What are the really good local places to eat? We will have a car and aren't afraid to drive. Fun stuff to do/see?

TME!

Thanks OG

WhoppersJr - Where are you coming from?

There are no 'bad' areas in terms of safety, you are good to go anywhere in the city.

Coming from Pittsburgh, PA. Its about a 4 hour drive, its not bad at all.

I will come back to this a bit later. Do you know where you are staying? I'm on the west side and there are a ton of good drinking and eating spots here.

go eat at Auberge Du Pommier, pick me up some cubans while your there Romeo Juliets please I will give you a shipping address

BigSleep - I will come back to this a bit later. Do you know where you are staying? I'm on the west side and there are a ton of good drinking and eating spots here.

I always priceline a hotel when I go on a trip and usually end up with a 4 star hotel for like 60-70 bucks a night. That's part of the reason I was asking about good areas because I can control here I stay with the name your own price feature.

cool hand Ed - 

There are no 'bad' areas in terms of safety, you are good to go anywhere in the city.

You should take your wife out to the BALL JOINT just opened up by OG/UG member supercan location

3410 4th Ave., Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania 15010

Better be careful, a lot of people over there in Toronto are on their worst behavior like gangsta rapper drake. Phone Post 3.0

Indeed. Great, very scenic "safe places" to hang out in are Driftwood Ct , Falstaff (aka Brown Bricks), Flemingdon Park (aka Flemo Park), Galloway , Grassways (aka Connections), Greenbrae Ct., Jamestown (aka Doomstown), Jane and Finch, Jane and Sheppard, L'Amoreaux, Lawrence Heights (aka Jungle), Mabelle, Malvern (aka Vern), Markham and Eglinton (aka MNE), Martha Eaton Way (a.k.a Black Creek), Midland and Lawrence (aka MnL), Mornelle Court, Moss Park, Mount Dennis, Mount Olive, Neptune Drive, Oakwood and Vaughan, Orpington (aka O Block), Orton Park (aka O.P.), Parkdale, Parkway Forest Drive (aka Forest), Parma Court, Pelham Park, The Pentagon (4010 Lawrence Ave.), Regent Park (aka Parkland), Rexdale (aka Rex), Roywoods, San Pietro Way, San Romanoway (aka Palisades), Scarlettwood Court, Shoreham, Silver Springs, Stovetop, St. James Town, Tandridge, Teesdale, Tobermory, Thorncliffe Park, TretheWey, Tuxedo Court, Vanauley Walk (aka P.O.), Wickson Trail (aka Wicked Trail), Weston Road, White Blocks, Willowridge, Willowtree, Woolner Apartments, Yellowstone (aka Y-Block)

icedog11 - 
cool hand Ed - 

You should take your wife out to the BALL JOINT just opened up by OG/UG member supercan location

Awesome! Yeah we'll try it out! We live in the south hills so that's about an hour drive for us. But I''l make the trip to support an OGer!

cool hand Ed - 
icedog11 - 
cool hand Ed - 

Awesome! Yeah we'll try it out! We live in the south hills so that's about an hour drive for us. But I''l make the trip to support an OGer!

Supercan is the originator of the UGGP and does the color comentary for Gladiators of the cage out your way,  the Ball Joints grand opening is January 20th............... really a great guy get as many or your friends you can to get out and support him he deserves it.

Great city with lots to do.  The Bier Markt is a great time for drinks at night, and every time I have been they have a killer live band.

I train at an Alliance affiliate in Kitchener, if you want to drop in to roll you are more than welcome.

Great ready for really bad traffic. I live across the Lake from Toronto and depending on what happens on the QEW you can be delayed. The suburbs have just blended together in the last 20 years it seems. It used to be certain cities were so small but so many people have immigrated there that is so overcrowded. Great city but all the new hi-rises and population growth by the water has changed the landscape a lot. Bring a ton of money.

If you eat veal and like sandwiches, go to California Sandwiches on Claremont and buy a "hot veal". Their olives are also excellent.

Get it to go and walk to the Monarch Tavern and wash it down with a delicious beer. They will let you eat it there, and you will use more napkins than you have ever used in your life. Phone Post 3.0

If the brass rail is still on young street check it out. Your wife will love it.

WhoppersJr - 
cool hand Ed - 
BigSleep - I will come back to this a bit later. Do you know where you are staying? I'm on the west side and there are a ton of good drinking and eating spots here.

I always priceline a hotel when I go on a trip and usually end up with a 4 star hotel for like 60-70 bucks a night. That's part of the reason I was asking about good areas because I can control here I stay with the name your own price feature.

Even with Priceline, you will be lucky to get a 4 star hotel in downtown Toronto for below $120 + tax. You can't even get a 2 star hotel in the suburbs for under $60.

There are dozens of concert venues in the city with a number of big musical and comedy acts performing weekly, so if you want to hit a concert it's worth looking into before you arrive. Tons of cool shops and restaurants on Queen St to see, same goes for bars. Any bar or restaurant you hit up in that area will be pretty good.

Right on brother, thank you.

And I'll let you know how I end up doing on priceline, I've used it around 30 times and its never let me down. We'll see.

ArmbarKing - 

Great city with lots to do.  The Bier Markt is a great time for drinks at night, and every time I have been they have a killer live band.

I train at an Alliance affiliate in Kitchener, if you want to drop in to roll you are more than welcome.

God, I would love to take you up on this. But I'm a good bit out of shape and practice. I'm pretty sure I'd embarrass myself and not due the purple I earned a few years ago justice. Thank you though.

And thank you for the recommendation!

ThePundit - If you can get one cheap, get a room at the Novotel Hotel on The Esplanade. Lots of bars/restaurants all around. Right next door to the awesome St Lawerence Market. Near distillery district, subway, close to everything.

The 'Bier Markt' mentioned above is right across the street from the hotel, although the bars on either side of it are better. Phone Post 3.0

Awesome! thank you! =)

Outkaster - Great ready for really bad traffic. I live across the Lake from Toronto and depending on what happens on the QEW you can be delayed. The suburbs have just blended together in the last 20 years it seems. It used to be certain cities were so small but so many people have immigrated there that is so overcrowded. Great city but all the new hi-rises and population growth by the water has changed the landscape a lot. Bring a ton of money.

Bring Anderson Silva money. Check.

Extendo - If you eat veal and like sandwiches, go to California Sandwiches on Claremont and buy a "hot veal". Their olives are also excellent.

Get it to go and walk to the Monarch Tavern and wash it down with a delicious beer. They will let you eat it there, and you will use more napkins than you have ever used in your life. Phone Post 3.0

My God this sounds amazing

cruedi - If the brass rail is still on young street check it out. Your wife will love it.

Ha! pretty sure my wife wouldn't go for that. Also pretty sure my work's internet overlords will not appreciate that i looked at the strip clubs website trying to figure out what it was lol