vacuum salesman

got another visit from a door-to-door vacuum salesman offering free room cleaning.

legit salesman pounding the pavement making an honest living OR assholes casing your house before they send the ice addicts to climb through your jealousies?

double post

Kirby?

I thought kirby was good until they shampooed my living room and beat the shit outta my carpets.

I'm in sales so I'm empathetic. I listen to everyone's pitch.

The Kirby sales guy got me to agree to a "free" cleaning. Portly fellow packing his dismantled Kirby in box. Told him i've got like 45 mins, he says no problem.

An hour and thirty minutes later, him in a full lather, really pushing the pitch, and me telling him i've really got to go. He gives me this disgusted looked cause i refuse to buy his $1600.00 vacuum, and walks out.

A month later, i buy one for $400 on ebay.

Chee!!!

I feel bad for these guys as well, but I find that the best answer is if you are not really interested, don't waste the guy's time and take a hard line stance. If you are on the fence or even have a glimmer that you may buy it, let him show you what he has. That way, he has more time to concentrate on a stronger opportunity of potential customers.

^^^Prollem is, they were cold calling that shit, and never tell you it's a Kirby sales demo. They told me it was a "professional cleaning" giveaway. i figure it was a cleaning service that is marketing.

The guy shows up, and i'm like WTF?!

Oh well he did good enough of a job that i bought one....just not from him, and not for $1600. Ha!

Mike Onzuka - I feel bad for these guys as well, but I find that the best answer is if you are not really interested, don't waste the guy's time and take a hard line stance. If you are on the fence or even have a glimmer that you may buy it, let him show you what he has. That way, he has more time to concentrate on a stronger opportunity of potential customers.

I agree. I'd rather have someone straight out tell me they aren't interested rather than here my whole sales pitch. Although, on the phone, I listen to the whole pitch. I usually complete surveys over the phone if they catch me when I have time.

SUBstitude - The Kirby sales guy got me to agree to a "free" cleaning. Portly fellow packing his dismantled Kirby in box. Told him i've got like 45 mins, he says no problem.

An hour and thirty minutes later, him in a full lather, really pushing the pitch, and me telling him i've really got to go. He gives me this disgusted looked cause i refuse to buy his $1600.00 vacuum, and walks out.

A month later, i buy one for $400 on ebay.

Chee!!!

I love when you tell everyone the story of how we really met.

LMMFAO fugger ;)

so legit? i politely turn'em away as soon as i they take a breath in between sentences. they can go paragraphs before i tell them i'm not interested. thanks all, i've been light sleeping since he visited.

People who live in Waipahu can afford a Kirby?!

^^i have never seen more Hummers in a one block radius than in Waips.

jusayin

kanotoa - LOL, I bought a Kirby when I bought my Condo 14 years ago. I still use that sucker, it still sucks hard.

Hee Hee! What kine "attachments" you get?

kanotoa - LOL, I bought a Kirby when I bought my Condo 14 years ago. I still use that sucker, it still sucks hard.

So his name was "Kirby"? How much does he cost?

jusaskin...

a suck is a suck, right guys? Right? Hello?

^^ HA!

i feel ya bro :(

try paying your wife $1400. zzziiiiing! lol