Vadim Finkelstein: SF deal was done behind my back

M-1 has nothing to offer the UFC. They can't use Fedor anymore at their leverage. There will be zero co-promotions going on. I doubt Dana much cares about doing any UFC shows in Russia.

Dana was heart broken when he heard that Coker did not keep Vadim "in the loop." After recovering from the emotional damage upon learning that M-1 was kept in the dark, Zuffa sent a representative to M-1 headquarters to go over a co-promotion proposal that Dana himself has been working on and one that will make the world of MMA a better place if Vadim excepts.

Vadim Finkelstein, is having less and less relevance in MMA. I don't really care what the douche has to say now!

Monsters Ball - 
Stu Cazzo - 
Monsters Ball - He's not suggesting Coker was supposed to consult with him. He's basically acknowledging that he didn't know anything about the deal happening.

Some of you guys try to hard to hate.

He's implying that it's a shady deal by saying it was done "behind our back"....

That's translated from Russian. I don't think you can infer anything from that statement. You are giving an American meaning to something that was translated from Russian.

I think that despite the fact that it's a translation, he in some way expressed that he was not aware of the deal being made. I'm not sure (since I dont speak russian) if he meant that strikeforce intentionally tried to hide the deal as the expression in english refers to but he was at the very least expressing that he was not informed of what was going on.
Anyway it's not like this would be the first time this guy would overestimate his company's place in the MMA landscape and his influence.

I'm sorry but for all the demands that M1-global puts out what do they really have to offer? One great great fighter who has lost two in a row and stable of unknown young fighters with no name recognition outside of hardcore MMA fans. Shit in my opinion ed soares is 100000x more important to MMA than this guy.

well sorry to see SF be bought out but seeing Vadim go is the best part of the deal :)

It was SF deal with M-1 that made it financially unstable and open for the buyout. Same story over and over.

Why wasn't I informed of this deal either? I'm a nobody too!

frontrowbrian -  Coker didn't even let Frank Shamrock know the deal was about to go down. Frank was the one who convinved Coker to get into the MMA business as all his previous promoting experience was kickboxing.

Yeah that surprised me more than anything.
Coker and Shamrock are friends, Frank did a lot for Strikeforce and was still their commentator.

Monsters Ball - 
Stu Cazzo - 
Monsters Ball - He's not suggesting Coker was supposed to consult with him. He's basically acknowledging that he didn't know anything about the deal happening.

He's implying that it's a shady deal by saying it was done "behind our back"....

That's translated from Russian. I don't think you can infer anything from that statement. You are giving an American meaning to something that was translated from Russian.
I'm going off of what we were provided.

You're the one inferring....

Vadim : "Rable Rable Business as usual" 

Stu Cazzo - 
Monsters Ball - 
Stu Cazzo - 

I'm going off of what we were provided.

You're the one inferring....

Huh? You even use the word "implying" (highlited) in your quoted post. An implication is an inference.

Monsters Ball - 
Stu Cazzo - 

According to the Monsters Ball's UG handbook, this is where I'm supposed to call you an M-1 shill

Interesting question... Do you think M-1 would've made an offer to buy Strikeforce if they new it was in trouble? Could they have paid the $40 Mil to get it? If they had, what do you think would happen?

Elvis - Interesting question... Do you think M-1 would've made an offer to buy Strikeforce if they new it was in trouble? Could they have paid the $40 Mil to get it? If they had, what do you think would happen?

the word is the UFC jumped in to buy it because they were in talks with 'multiple' other potential buyers. one being proelite if I remember right? It would not surprise me to find out that M1 and strikeforce were in talks to purchase, and dana found out so the shot an offer in coker couldn't refuse.

It makes perfect sense something like that would happen.

RickMartelsArrogance - 
Elvis - Interesting question... Do you think M-1 would've made an offer to buy Strikeforce if they new it was in trouble? Could they have paid the $40 Mil to get it? If they had, what do you think would happen?

M-1 has been bankrolling their operations off of Fedor for the past 18 months.  They couldn't buy a set of WWF Strikeforce toys from the 80s for $4 much less have bought Strikeforce the MMA org for $40m.

really? you know what the financial capability is of M-1 and/or it's backers? please enlighten us.

what do you think they're paying the other 200+ fighters they have on? you do know they put on shows in many different countries, and are MUCH bigger than people realize here? 

It would be interesting to see if M-1 could've paid the fighters with existing contracts and whether they'd honour. Also whether what they would do with Fedor and his contract (would they renegotiate with themselves?) since they would in effect be paying him with Showtime. You know if they bought Strikeforce they'd be giving Fedor all his rematches and most likely find a way to get him back in the GP.

I hope after Fedor retires or his Strikeforce contract runs out, Dana and co. refuse to sign anyone using Vadim.

Gullivers Travels - I hope after Fedor retires or his Strikeforce contract runs out, Dana and co. refuse to sign anyone using Vadim.

Vadim and Dana are two sides of the same coin. Atleast Vadim is the head of his org and Dana is just the front man.

the other buyer was empire boxing based out of nyc