Vadim: UFC just beat around the bush with Fedor

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/11/3/7150651/vadim-finkelchtein-the-ufc-didnt-offer-fedor-emelianenko-a-specific-deal-mma-interview

M-1 Global may be one of the larger MMA promotions with events in multiple countries but for many years they were a company synonymous with a single fighter: Fedor Emelianenko.

Considered to be one of the greatest heavyweights in the history of the sport, Emelianenko maintained an undefeated streak for over 10 years and was undoubtedly the hottest commodity that the UFC could sign between 2006-09.

Nevertheless, Emeleianenko never fought in MMA's top promotion, and much of the blame for that was placed on his infamous manager, Vadim Finkelchtein. While the UFC appeared keen to sign Emelianenko, President Dana White revealed that several of M-1 Global's demands made it impossible for them to reach a fair deal.

Some of the alleged issues in the negotiation process included M-1's insistence on the UFC building a stadium in Russia, co-promotion between the two companies, and an exorbitant figure as a signing bonus.

However, Finkelchtein was adamant that those demands never existed and were exaggerations from the UFC boss.

"It is drivel. The UFC doesn't have any relation to our arena; similarly about the earnings.  The UFC didn't offer a specific deal to us."

"Fedor talked about that, hundreds of times. They beat about the bush. There was nothing but talk. We had great offers from Affliction and Strikeforce, so we worked with them."

"In Strikeforce's death, we are not the ones who are to blame. There is another promotion over there which was more of the cause."

"At the moment, Fedor is doing social activities, he is developing MMA in country and all over the world."

In for truth. Phone Post 3.0

I have no big love for Dana but Vadim is full of shit.  Dana at one point was obsessed with getting Fedor.  He just wasn't willing to sign over the company to Finklestein in exchange.

At the end of the day, M1's business model was co-promotion. That's what they did. Split profits.

I thought It would be a cold day in Stary Oskol before the Fertittas and Dana would say, Ok, we'll do a show and split the profits, 50/50.

I can't blame them. Look what happened to Affliction.

Arguing over who is the better person out of Dana and Vadim is like arguing over whether it's better to have your nutsack bitten off by an alligator or a crocodile.

44 Magnum - At the end of the day, M1's business model was co-promotion. That's what they did. Split profits.

I thought It would be a cold day in Stary Oskol before the Fertittas and Dana would say, Ok, we'll do a show and split the profits, 50/50.

This. Do not forget that Affliction also had to pay M-1 a million in "consulting fees" Phone Post 3.0

truevalon -
44 Magnum - At the end of the day, M1's business model was co-promotion. That's what they did. Split profits.

This. Do not forget that Affliction also had to pay M-1 a million in "consulting fees" Phone Post 3.0
Yup. The UFC is not the one to blame here in why Fedor never fought for them Phone Post 3.0

Vadim is full of shit, only thing he wanted was co-promotion so he could get paid and fuck Fedor out of money. In the USA it would of gone through the AC so Fedor would of got the money and then had to give Vadim his cut. If they did co-promotion then they could get a bigger cut of the overall money the UFC would of been willing to pay out to Fedor. I think most people would agree with this.

How big is M1 Global? Phone Post 3.0

stevekt - How big is M1 Global? Phone Post 3.0

Not very big and definitely not global. Lately they have putting up shows only in former Soviet Union countries like Russia, Ingushetia, Kazakhstan and Belarus. 

As far as global attention goes M-1 is far behind even the likes of Cage Warriors and KSW.

If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much - Vadim is full of shit, only thing he wanted was co-promotion so he could get paid and fuck Fedor out of money. In the USA it would of gone through the AC so Fedor would of got the money and then had to give Vadim his cut. If they did co-promotion then they could get a bigger cut of the overall money the UFC would of been willing to pay out to Fedor. I think most people would agree with this.

This.

Minus the "would of"
:P

This contradicts what Fedor himself said. Fedor said that the initial UFC offer was insulting, but then his management agreed to a fair deal that allowed him to compete in Sambo, and the champions clause was altered, but when the contracts were presented, Cambo was off the table and the champion clause was back (same pay, but extension in the contract). So they bailed, then Dana called them crazy Russians. 

The other thing was: the internet 'reporters' claimed 6 fights/$36M. Fedor LOL'd when he heard that. He said he would be wearing a UFC shirt if that was remotely close to true. The actual offer was a mile away. 

The consulting fee Affliction paid M-1 was a way to pay Fedor without him getting double taxed. His disclosed pay was low for all US fights.

This is all he said she said, Dana and Vadims stories will never match up. We will never know what the real offers were Phone Post 3.0

The UFC does not sign people they can not fully control and manipulate.

Bobby Lupo -

This contradicts what Fedor himself said. Fedor said that the initial UFC offer was insulting, but then his management agreed to a fair deal that allowed him to compete in Sambo, and the champions clause was altered, but when the contracts were presented, Cambo was off the table and the champion clause was back (same pay, but extension in the contract). So they bailed, then Dana called them crazy Russians. 

The other thing was: the internet 'reporters' claimed 6 fights/$36M. Fedor LOL'd when he heard that. He said he would be wearing a UFC shirt if that was remotely close to true. The actual offer was a mile away. 

The consulting fee Affliction paid M-1 was a way to pay Fedor without him getting double taxed. His disclosed pay was low for all US fights.

All things I completely forgot about but now ring a bell. Thanks sir Phone Post 3.0

Why on earth is it always about Dana?

Lorenzo and Frank are the bosses.

Wasn't that becaus Barnett likes to take roids? Phone Post 3.0

Fedor seems like a nice, honest guy.

No one can trust anything Vadim or Dana say.

Why is this even news? We all know M-1 were a bunch of unreasonable morons in negotiations. I don't agree with a lot of things the UFC does, but they went down to meet Fedor to sign his ass, and M-1 wanted to play hardball, look where that got them.

Any reason they are still talking about this? Fedor's not coming back....