Vadim: UFC just beat around the bush with Fedor

ABE FROMAN - 

Any reason they are still talking about this? Fedor's not coming back....

Trying to stay relevant

Dr Doom - Arguing over who is the better person out of Dana and Vadim is like arguing over whether it's better to have your nutsack bitten off by an alligator or a crocodile.

LOL! Strong analogy.

"Nevertheless, Emeleianenko never fought in MMA's top promotion"

Yes he did. It was called Pride. Phone Post 3.0

UFC missed out We missed out

Fedor could care less... He is GOAT of MMA

notsobigmike - 
Soup and Beer - 

I have no big love for Dana but Vadim is full of shit.  Dana at one point was obsessed with getting Fedor.  He just wasn't willing to sign over the company to Finklestein in exchange.

This exactly. I know Dana likes to tell his version of the story, but does anyone REALLY believe the UFC never even made a legit offer?

You can argue the amount or co-promotion or perks or whatever, but for all the things you can fault Dana for, beating around the bush is certainly NOT one of them.

There's no WAY they went through the negotiations they went through without the UFC at least making a serious offer at some point.

Yeah. The fact that people are willing to believe that Zuffa did not make a legit offer, probably up there with if not above any other fighter's payday, to an undefeated heavyweight regarded as not only #1 HW in the world but #1 fighter in the world, who drew loads of attention even without the UFC marketing machine behind him, who had exciting fights and wins over many of the UFC heavies, just tells you how eager they are to hate all things UFC/Dana.

Wanderlei Silva lashes out at Dana White, compares UFC contract to slavery

Anderson Silva is one of the best human beings I’ve ever met. He’s a wonderful friend, a wonderful person. A person, who like myself, when we succeed at something we want to try something else if we can. We want to see how far we can go. We want to test the skies to see if the sky the limit,” Jones, Jr. said.

“But on his downside, the UFC won’t allow him to fulfill his dream and get in the ring and enjoy a night of sharing the ring with the great Roy Jones, Jr. It’s such a pity. It’s such a shame because it’s a night that I’m sure people from both worlds would really admire, and would love to see, and would get a lot from because of two legends in the ring at once. Although it’s boxing, we could share the ring together because Anderson can box. He’s a professional fighter too, and he’s an entertainer just as myself.

“I feel really solid that [the UFC] won’t allow him to do that. But as a fighter, I think he’s a phenomenal fighter and I think he’s probably going to be one of the best UFC fighters to ever touch the planet.”

November 4, 2014, Tue

DisIsDeRiddumOfDeNite - 
Dr Doom - Arguing over who is the better person out of Dana and Vadim is like arguing over whether it's better to have your nutsack bitten off by an alligator or a crocodile.

LOL! Strong analogy.

This.

Most truthful post in the thread being ignored in favour of shilling, as usual.

notsobigmike - 
Soup and Beer - 

I have no big love for Dana but Vadim is full of shit.  Dana at one point was obsessed with getting Fedor.  He just wasn't willing to sign over the company to Finklestein in exchange.

This exactly. I know Dana likes to tell his version of the story, but does anyone REALLY believe the UFC never even made a legit offer?

You can argue the amount or co-promotion or perks or whatever, but for all the things you can fault Dana for, beating around the bush is certainly NOT one of them.

There's no WAY they went through the negotiations they went through without the UFC at least making a serious offer at some point.

Of course. It's madness to think the UFC, specifically Dana and Lorenzo (big MMA fans) didn't go after Fedor with guns blazing. 

They really wanted the best in the world in the UFC, either to continue his reign of terror, or lose to a home grown UFC guy and they could tout the superiority of their brand.

Fedor says that he was ready to sign with the UFC until the revised contract was sent to Russia and they included the champions clause and took Sambo comp out. 

I think M-1 (and make no mistake Fedor=M-1. He is a partner, he owns more of M-1 than Dana owns of the UFC) even said 'fuck it' to the sambo thing once the money was right and he could renegotiate the deal if/when he became champ, 

Glovegate - 
DisIsDeRiddumOfDeNite - 

LOL! Strong analogy.

This.

Most truthful post in the thread being ignored in favour of shilling, as usual.

Dr. Doom is always in the room.

thanks for quoting Dr Doom. I missed that post.

good/funny analogy

Remember when the LA Times reported that Fedor to the UFC was a done deal? Still pisses me off. Phone Post 3.0

They beat around the bush like they're scared to eat pussy so they eat around the tush
-marshall mathers Phone Post 3.0

Bobby Lupo - 
notsobigmike - 
Soup and Beer - 

Of course. It's madness to think the UFC, specifically Dana and Lorenzo (big MMA fans) didn't go after Fedor with guns blazing. 

They really wanted the best in the world in the UFC, either to continue his reign of terror, or lose to a home grown UFC guy and they could tout the superiority of their brand.

Fedor says that he was ready to sign with the UFC until the revised contract was sent to Russia and they included the champions clause and took Sambo comp out. 

I think M-1 (and make no mistake Fedor=M-1. He is a partner, he owns more of M-1 than Dana owns of the UFC) even said 'fuck it' to the sambo thing once the money was right and he could renegotiate the deal if/when he became champ, 

In the end, it was still just a business deal where the two sides couldn't reach an agreement.  Fedor's side wanted the UFC's money.  And obviously the UFC wanted Fedor.  It's no different than one of us salivating over some big screen TV we want or a brand new truck.  Sometimes you just can't afford it.

And to be honest, I can't be too critical of Zuffa for them pulling away the Sambo competition clause.  We see how much chaos injuries are causing their events right now.  You throw in potential Sambo injuries then perhaps they didn't think it was worth the extra risk.

I think it worked out for both parties.

If UFC caved to Fedor and company, the average fighter pay could be significantly higher than what it is currently.

If Fedor and company caved to UFC, well, Rampage, Tito, Royce, Wanderlei, they all have not nice things to say about UFC.

In the end, it worked out for UFC and Fedor, just not the fans. Ah well, at least I got to see him in his prime when mma was in the golden era.

I think it worked out for the fans too. Imagine Fedor making his octagon debut and getting smothered by Roy Nelson? Or tapped by Mir?

Things worked out for everyone. Phone Post 3.0

Soup and Beer - 

While I don't believe Vadim either, Dana saying "He was obsessed" about anything is taken with a grain of salt now.

Dana exaggerates how untied his shoes are.

andyloveshugs -
If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much - Vadim is full of shit, only thing he wanted was co-promotion so he could get paid and fuck Fedor out of money. In the USA it would of gone through the AC so Fedor would of got the money and then had to give Vadim his cut. If they did co-promotion then they could get a bigger cut of the overall money the UFC would of been willing to pay out to Fedor. I think most people would agree with this.

i believe the idea is m-1 wanted to co-promote, as in it wouldn't be a ufc event or the ufc signing fedor, it'd be the ufc agreeing to put events on with m-1 global, and having an "M-1 and UFC presents" show the way strikeforce did. meaning m-1 wasn't just going to make money off the fedor fight as if they were his manager, they were going to get half of the entire event's revenue and the ufc would be paying fedor in conjunction with m-1. 

Yes but the money would have gone through them so they could fuck Fedor. Let's say for example UFC was going to pay Fedor $6 mil per fight like was rumored. Odds are that included PPV % but we will just use it for this example. By paying it to the AC and then them paying Fedor, Fedor would have to give Vadim his %. With co-promotion the money goes to M1 (Vadim) and then he could pay Fedor less. The UFC was going to pay X per fight, Vadim just wanted to make sure he could he the largest share possible. If you guys knew the stories of some of these Russian fighters you would feel sorry for them. The mob ran shit (may still be) over there and fd so many fighters over because they got majority of the money these guys made. Vadim was basically trying or did the same thing to Fedor. Phone Post 3.0

Bobby Lupo -
notsobigmike - 
Soup and Beer - 

Difference is Dana gets his fate share of the money from the UFC, do you really think if M1 made money that Vadim would have given Fedor his fair share? Phone Post 3.0

Bobby Lupo - I think it worked out for the fans too. Imagine Fedor making his octagon debut and getting smothered by Roy Nelson? Or tapped by Mir?

Things worked out for everyone. Phone Post 3.0

When I think of guys I wish Mir fought, Fedor isn't close to the top of the list.

Frank vs Randy, Frank vs Prime Nog, Frank vs Barnett 2007ish, Frank vs Andre Arvloski(so close to happening)

Roy, I've seen him fight everyone I've wanted to now that he's faced Hunt. I'll be excited whoever he faces, Fedor def not excluded(or likely)

When I think of guys I wish Fedor fought, I think of Randy and Barnett before i think of any other two fighters.

One UFC pulled the rug out on(Randy)-Can't blame UFC though they had their reasons/investments

One signed the dotted line but pissed hot-Can't blame Fedor or the promotion for that.