Valdosta Fight Results

hey Cam i know you were just doing your job as a ref, and i know how professional you are and that you wouldn't do something to favor one fighter over the other ESP when one of your own guys is involved, i have no problem with your reffing.

frank, I don't think I owe anyone here other than Chrales and Fenno, an explanation for a statement like that. Charles took it as a compliment to him and his skills, which is the way he should take it. If I see Fenno, I would like to speak with him about it too, but I don't see any reason to bring the rest of the UG into the conversation. BTW, lol @ you. You've never made a statement on here and then refused to justify it. If I delete a thread where someone is winning and argument with me, call me on that too, would you?

As far as the Doomsday/Kenneth match, I was the judge that they were through the ropes in front of, and it happened just the way Cam said. There was no submission any where near materializing at the time Cam said break.

The Boikens/Foster thing was unfortunate, but alls well that ends well, and neither fighter seemed to have a problem with it.

I'm not trying to change the topic at all, and I'm not talking about any thread where any insults were exchanged.

Since you seem to need to know so bad, I just thought Charles was too much for Fenno on a technical and physical level.

BIG Thanks to ALL the the crazy funny fuckin people I met and hung out with in GA. You guys are awesome, cant wait to go back and raise some more hell.

Props to Cam for having th stones to say I made a mistake and then fixed it. If more refs were that professional the sport would be much better off.

No kidding. Cam is a big contrast to some like Mason White who screw up and then act like they don't give a shit.

TTT for Cam, George Allen, and all the fighters. It was a great show with little controversy. I can't wait to see them all in the ring again.

Thanks guys. I'm man enough to admit when I screw up.

As far as Charles vs. Fenno...

Charles is one of my best friends so I can comment here... I agree... the fight probably shouldn't have happened. Fenno is nowhere near the level of Charles (not many are) and it was a terrible mismatch. That being said... no one got hurt and it was damn entertaining to watch all 20 seconds of it!!!!!

Fenno had talked some major smack beforehand about what he was going to do to Charles... Charles didn't take kindly to it and showed him. No harm done. Charles got back on his winning streak and Fenno got some experience.

Overall it was a good show.

Peace-
Cam

Corsey, to be fair, you can't look unfavorably on Doomsday talking without looking at Charles the same way, because they were doing the same thing.

I personally dont' care for that kind of thing, but not everyone agrees with me...

I liked the event, but I didn't like the part where BIG FRANK held me over a Holiday Inn balcony until I agreed to sign with him as my manager, giving him a 50% cut.

Where does Any Foster train? Is this the same Andy Foster that started out at Jacare's? If so, I used to train with him. Congratulations, Andy!

hey striker, I'm sorry I didn't see you at the show. I was looking forward to meeting you and punch drunk

Ok well just some extra stuff...

He talked alot of trash going into that fight. I had worked myself quite upset before going into the ring. I fight much better when I am upset so it was about an hour of thing about puppys dieing and the such to get me to that state of mind. I felt horrible afterwards and told him so as I have no want to embarass anyone or belittle them.

He was a warrior who got into the ring with a tough opponent. That is not easy to find.

Also about the actual matchup... I agreed to the fight a looong time ago. He did too. He didnt backout so I wasnt going to. On a show that lost money you can see why bringing in someone to valdosta that would have been a more even matchup would have been hard. I fought for about 1/3 of what I usually make because I was trying to help the promoter.

Jason: you still have yet to come up and talk to me like ive asked you to. I'm a nice guy come say hi some time. Wish your brother was there also.

Also in response to doomsday vs. kennith. Both are super nice guys. If you havnt faught in a ring infront of a crowd before it is hard to understand the emotions of a fighter. I dont think doomsday was out of line at all as im sure he felt he was seconds from finishing. Doomsday faught great and showed he had what it takes as I think he started strong and than took alot of knees that would have stopped many other guys. Not only did he take the knees but he finished with a strong submission. That showed alot of experience and he should be proud of himself. Both fighters were very pleasent with each other in the lockerroom after the fight so if it didnt bother either of them it shuoldnt bother you all.

Thanks again for all who came out to the fights. It was the most fun I have ever had in a weekend!

Kenneth seems to be a great guy. I talked to him for a while at the day-time event. He showed a lot of talent, especially for it to have been his second fight. I really hope to see him in the ring again. I think we will see great things out of him in the future.

Props to Cam for having th stones to say I made a mistake and then fixed it. If more refs were that professional the sport would be much better off.

hey Charles, everytime I see you I mean to say something, but it just doesn't happen for some reason. I was like 3 feet from you during Peter's fight, at the judging table, if that counts for anything.

I completely understand about the talking thing, I wasn't trying to criticize

TTT Thanks to sinister minister for the help.

Richard if you throw anymore events, let me know.

Still wondering why Chris didnt show.

Z Dawg Blair

jason: no worries next time though :).

I just wanted to add a couple things, to further elaborate on my match. I remember scrambling to get in a good position, I didn't see Kenneth going out of the ring, but I didn't question Cams call because i honestly wasn't watching Kenneth for a second, i was angry not at cam, but just at the situation, I felt i had acheived the most advantagous position of the fight at that point. I was not able to control the massive amounts of adrenaline running through me, but that is not an excuse, I told him "Your fucking lucky", I didn't realize at the time that it wasn't a good thing to do.

After the match Coursey complimented me on my fight, but also said i acted poorly and unprofessionally, to that i agreed and realized he was correct, i also apologized. Immediatly upon returning to the fighters prep area I gave Kenneth a few minutes, then went in and spoke with him, I apologized to Kenneth, then I bought him a beer at Hooters later on. Kenneth is a great guy, and i meant no ill will. I also didn't mean to brag, i just felt i was in position to finish and the next time i was in a similar position i did finish.
I didn't hear him call for a break until i was in that position. Thats all i know about it.

I'm sure Cam did the right thing, fighters can't ref themselves, i make no pretense that i can do his job better, because i cannot. I respected his call, but when i said what i did, i was angry. Truth be told it did nothing for me as it just pissed him off and he unloaded quite a few knees and punches in my direction. My behavior I dont think was terrible, but i do feel like i shouldn't have said it, it was in the heat of the moment, in the middle of a very intense fight, and i apoligize once more, to anyone i offended.

About Charles/Fenno, I spoke with Fenno about seven weeks prior to the fight, he told me he was training hard on his punches and knees in case of a shot, never at any time did he seem intimidated or afraid of Charles, I told him Charles was very good on the ground, i had no idea of his striking skills. He was confident, and appeared to be training hard. I saw him fight Shaun Gay and he landed a very nice knee to the body in that fight which forced a clinch from Shaun. I did have Charles as the favorite in my book, but i honestly thought he could do some damage standing, and that he had a chance. I still felt this way talking to him before the match. Charles was fired up because he knew the guy was going to fight. I knew he was coming to fight. He got in the ring and DID lead off throwing first. Charles was better and showed some tremendous skill and was VERY aggressive. Just my two cents.