VanArsdale as poss. Vitor replacem

Mike VanArsdale would be a great replacement option for Zuffa if Belfort is unable to compete on the 31st........Mikes training hard as we speak and would be ready for a matchup with Randy ...I spoke to him and he mentioned that he would jump at the opportunity to fight for the 205 pound title and felt he would come out on top in a matchup of world class wrestlers .....

Obviously this is all just talk at present time ,,but if Vitor does find himself unable to go Van is ready and willing.......

Some thoughts on a matchup between Randy and Van...

Well, if they need a guy and he is in shape, and none of their current fighters are in shape or want the fight, why not? When was his last fight?

Van Arsdale is a very talented wrestler, but I would pick Randy in a very one sided fight. I think Randy is more well rounded and he definitely has more experience in MMA. This in no way is meant to be an insult to Mike Van Arsdale. Mike is a great athlete but I don't think Randy should be his first match when he returns to the UFC.

BELFORT SAID HE`S STILL FIGHTING!!!

yea but what does Vitor know? this is where the experts hang.

I seriously dought Randy would G&P Van out in the 1st round ....Cant see that happening ....Randys never fought a wrestler as good as VanArsdale ...and I dont see Randy getting the first few takedowns ....

Randy was a greco world team member ,,,Mike was 2nd on the Olympic freestyle ladder for like 9 or 10 years behind Melvin Douglas ,,and an undefeated NCAA champ .....

Edge in wrestling ....VanArsdale

I know Mikes been training for his fight with Babalu in Feb. and he is probably ready to go .....

Mike fought Vanderlei Silva with a weeks notice and virtually no MMA experience and was contolling the start of that fight before breaking his hand ,,,so I would say he can step up and be perfectly ready for a fight like this ....The bright lights wont affect him at all.................

I think Mike would shock alot of people .....

Matyushenko was a much better wrestler than tito but tito took him down at will. what matters is who could incorporate the wrestling into their game

"Randys never fought a wrestler as good as VanArsdale"

Randleman was an OK wrestler.

Randleman wasnt on Vans level ....He quit wrestling after his junior year of college .....Mike was on the international scene for over 10years after college ...and he still trains at the Olympic training center in Colorado Springs ....By the way if I recall correctly Kevin took Randy down to start the fight off ,but in typical Randleman fasion he didnt do much when he got there.........

As for Vladdy ,weve all seen how his wrestling skills have gone down the tube ....Hes lost a large part of his wrestling arsenal of 10+ years ago ,,,VanArsdale has not ...........

van arsdale will get smoked by randy....

If I recall, Randy was also on the international scene.

lol Mike Kyle is a solid 250lb guy, not someone who could make the 205 lt heavyweight limit. I think Mike could be picked up for the heavyweight class in the near future though, all he has to do is keep winning.

He fought in Mexico on Dec 28th ....He won by submission 30 seconds into the fight ....

Mike is still in the Army coaching and training in Colorado Springs ...

"Randy would smoke VanArsdale"

Thats funny ,,nobody will just smoke VanArsdale ,,especially somebody who has average standup and no submission threat .....

Randleman actually took Randy down and put him on his back at least twice in that fight. Randy stayed calm and made a credible sub attempt. That's why I was always confused in Randy/Tito when they kept saying he's no good on his back.

The difference is Randy wrestled HEAVYWEIGHTS in his wrestling career, that's why Tito got stuffed.

Vladdy wrestled at 167 didn't he? And Van Arsdale at 187? Anyone know the div's for sure?

This fight would look like Hughes vs Triggs with Couture being Hughes.

pulsar, I also remember reading that Vladdy wrestled in the 167 lb range. I don't know for a fact if its true, but it would make a lot of sense.

I just dont see that one happening

Van and Couture would be a good fight

TTT

i was thinkin vladdy would be a good guy to have ready if vitor pulls out