VanArsdale as poss. Vitor replacem

I think Couture would smoke vladdy just like tito did. Van Arsdale is one of the few guys that may be able to put couture where he is the weakest, on his back.

Van Arnsdale would not be a good replacement. Who wants to see him anyway? maybe 5 years ago but not now.

There is no replacement fight if Vitor pulls out which i think he will do. No way Vitor can concentrate on his training. If his sister is not found before this fight and Vitor still fights it will be a quick match and he will just show for the UFC's sake.

Im telling you guys, Van is still a specimen and will make a big impact at 205s in the real near future ....He is training with Dominick Black ,Melvin Douglas ,and Marcus Mollica at present time and boxing with Olympic hopeful boxers every day ....

Too say Couture will crush him is talking blindly ....Nobody is going to just crush him ,,hes too good of a wrestler and athlete who has competed at a world class level in MMA,Abu Dhabi,and wrestling ....

jimmythegreek is correct.

VanArsdale=Freak of nature but I think Randy would win.

psssst - Vitor's fighting so why not talk about what if Rickson fought Bob Sapp?

This match would have to go Randy's way. I watched his fight against Haseman in WFA 3 ; wasn't that impressive considering the shape Haseman was in. I had hope to see him at the IFC in Dever; but the word was that he hurt himself training a week or two before. Randy's also a hell of a lot tougher than anyone in Mexico; and as far as being a world class wrestler; this is MMA not Olympic Greco, that shits nice and all but doesn't always translate into W's here. Look at Vanderlie Silva; probably couldn't take his momma down, but damn sure finishes fights in other fashion.

id say Randleman is a better wrestler .I got a tape of Royce Alger beating VA like 15-3.Im sure he has goit better but IMO both Randleman and Coutore are better wrestlers

again, Coutore would smoke VanArsdale... who cares about his wrestling accomplishments.. that means shit in the ring or octagon... it's a clash a styles... Randy is too powerful, and his career was built on beating up on heavier guys... Remember VanArsdale is freestyle wrestler... outside shots are almost obsolete these days...everyone has a sprawl... Randy is so good in working from the clinch, handfighting, creating angles, etc....VA would be out matched locking up with Randy....that's my opionion...

Daren ,,what tape do you have of Alger beating Van 15-3.....Never heard of that one ...Maybe his ankle was broken or something ,,that would be the only way I could see that score ....Van is world class in wrestling ....Van would also tech Randleman in a wrestling match,,Van has stayed on the world scene up until a couple of years ago ...He was an Olympic team alternate behind Melvin Douglass ,,in freestyle not Greco .....Couture is a better Greco wrestler ,,Van is a better freestyler......

Fuegofighter ...How was Randleman taking down Randy ???? How does Hughes take guys down ????How does Sherk take guys down ????How was Randy taking Chuck and Tito down ????How did Ricco take Randy down when he finished the fight ?????? WTF are you talking about ????? Shots are obsolete ??? I dont think so ..............

Armbreaker ...Randy beats guys up by G&P period ....He was catching Chuck with elementary jabs ,but the damage was his takedowns to punches ....My point was that Randy is not a knockout puncher on his feet so Mike wouldnt be too concerned with that part of his game ......

Everybody will change their tune when they c what Mike is about these days ...Hes actually training now...Something hes always done very little of in MMA (shit,he went to abudhabi and barely knew sub defense and beat some good guys,,Busta being one of those guys,,lost to Kerr in OT in a strange situation....Hes always gotten by on his pure wrestling and athletic ability but believe me his game has evolved ......

If Vitor backs out send in Van...I'd pay to see it.

that was back then regarding outside shots... just look at ricco trying to shoot on pedro rizzo. he could not get one shot off.. renzo trying to shoot on henderson.. it's too risky...fromt he clinch, snapping, pulling, creating angles.. wearing guys down, then you can get those outside shots...but Randy will school VA... he's too strong...and his better strength and experience from the clinch....

Randy was working from the clinch, closing the distance working guys down..

get off VA's cock and smell the coffee...

another thing...it does not matter what your wrestling credentials are.. you must be able to adapt some of those skills into MMA... it's completely different.. so stop talking about VA's freakin credentials.. because in MMA, the only thing I remember is him getting his ass handed to him by an early Vanderlie..

Whoa 39? That's almost as old as Randy.

I'd personally like to see this match. Seems like an
interesting match of styles.

That being said, it's not very fair to Couture. He
bases his game on preparation and fighting a
wrester as good as MVA without prep time is
probably not wise. That's not to say he won't win, it
just takes soemthing away from his game.

there's nothing interesting about it

Sorry, I should have been more specific. What I
meant to say was *I* think it seems interesting.

Stop talking it up!

VA has done really nothing of noterecently , against a better wrestler with a far better career and record.

Even calling it a good matchup is a longshot. No offence, but VA hasn't been that active, and I'm sure he's got game, but just not enough for the veteran that is Couture.

I think Van would surprise many of you who dont know much about him .....Although his fighting has been limited ,he has competed in 2 or 3 AbuDhabis and done well without much experience previous to competitons ....He has won a barefisted tourney in Brazil and fought Vanderlei(his only loss) tough on 1 weeks notice ,,also barefisted with headbutts allowed.....He hasnt been in the ring much lately but hes definetely been training to get his game well rounded and ready for some big fights....The UFC obviously knows his talent considering he was to fight Franklin a few shows back without fighting for about a year previous to his call .....He pulled out due to injury to his neck......I wouldnt predict a victory for either side but I will tell you Mike is the real deal with wrestling skills at least equal to Randys......

I'll tell you what ,,I guarantee most of Randys team whom are world class wrestlers know what VanArsdale is capable of ,,,and they would hold him in much higher regard than the most of the people on here who dont know much about him .....That being said Randy is an animal who is on top of his game and will be tough as hell for anybody to beat ,,I just believe Van would give him an exciting run for his money..........

Bottom line ......

Van Arsdale is not a walkover fight for anyone! Randy is not a better wrestler than Van Arsdale!

This is not in anyway a slam on Randy, I think Randy may put the stand up and wrestling together a little better than Van Arsdale, but this is a great replacement for Vitor given Van Arsdale's wrestling.

Bottom line.....

i have a tape of alger destroying VA in college 15-3 .VA wasnt hurt just got beat