Vanilla sky (movie) question

When Tom cruise is at bar/club and gets drunk and at end of night him and his best friend and Penelope Cruz are walking on the street at night ...Cruz leaves walking after saying bye  ....and cruise and his best friend stay talking/arguing , then best friend leaves running and cruise leaves running behind him ....

then in the next scene best friend catches up to Penelope Cruz and they start making out ....cruise is running also but then just falls to ground ....my question is, when best friend and Cruz are making out , is cruise imaging that or did that actually happen ? 

Cruise on Cruz was an imagination.

TECH SUPPORT!!!!!!

Watch it a second time. It takes a while to get all the details down.

When he wakes up on the curb after that night, is when the "dream" begins.

spam909 - Cruise on Cruz was an imagination.
Not all of it.

FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA - Watch it a second time. It takes a while to get all the details down.

Takes multiple viewings to catch it all. Great movie, very underrated. 

Ryann Von Doom -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA - Watch it a second time. It takes a while to get all the details down.

Takes multiple viewings to catch it all. Great movie, very underrated. 

Agreed. Top 5 for me.

Side note: if there was one fictional character that could be a real woman I want to bring to life and marry, it's Sofia.

To answer your question, it really happens.

That happens to be the time (right after that, when he blacks out on the curb) that he chooses to have the "dream" start.

Pay attention, when Sofia wakes him up the next morning right after he passes out, the sky in the background....

yes Tom Cruise is gay

I'll tell you in another life when we are both cats

FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
spam909 - Cruise on Cruz was an imagination.
Not all of it.

GTFO! TECH SUPPORT!!!!!!!!

Vanilla sky, sounds familiar. Is this the movie where the guy crashes his car and then becomes short?

Davy Crockett - I'll tell you in another life when we are both cats
Second favorite line!

Every passing moment is another chance to turn it all around...

In for a reminder to watch this movie. 

I believe it was even mentioned at the end that that was when it started. So yes that part was real life and the dream started next day.

For me it was one of my fav Cameron Diaz roles

I thought the entire movie was a lucid dream? 

MrBoone - For me it was one of my fav Cameron Diaz roles
Great car scene

In before the hipster dude who says the original abre de ojo’s is waaaaay better