Various AW Tozer Quotes

Listed below are some of my favorite quotes from AW Tozer. What do you think of them?

1. "God will crucify without pity those whom He desires to raise without meassure"

2. " The true Christian fears God with a trembling reverence and yet he is not affraid of God at all.He draws nigh to God with full assurance of faith and victory and yet at the samw time is trembling with holy awe and fear".

3. " I have no doubt that historians will conclude that we of the twentieth century had intelligence enough to create a great civilization but not the moral wisdom to preserve it".

4. " Prayer isn't a matter of getting on your knees.Prayer is the elevation of the heart to God and that is all a man needs to praise,to pray and to worship".

5. " Not all of the mystery of the Godhead can be known by man,but just as certainly, all that man can know of God in this life is revealed in Jesus Christ".

Bro, #3 and #5 rock.

Here's what I've recently read from Tozer that I liked (he's commenting on the limitations of dry doctrines): "It is a solemn thing, and no small scandal in the Kingdom, to see God's children starving while actually seated at the Father's table. The truth of Wesley's words is established before our eyes: 'Orthodoxy, or right opinion, is, at best, a very slendor part of religion... There may be a right opinion of God without either love or one right temper toward Him. Satan is proof of this.'"

Puzzled

very good quote Puzzled

yours in Christ

sherm

ttt