Various promotion timeline. Help please

My love for MMA has really only grown over the past few years (NO! not from tuf) but am now trying to catch up on all the glory I have missed by not getting in earlier.  

Could the UG helpme out and shed some light on some of the various  promotions.

When did the UFC start? When did Fertitas take over?

When did UFC start to dominate the promotions?

When was Pride, Strike Force, Bellator in it's prime?

Which promotion should I look out for that is not on the above mentioned?

Was the UFC about prior to UFC 1?

Your help would be very cool... and well helpful

UFC started in 1993.. Zuffa took over in 2001

Pride started in 1997.. prime was late 90s til its closing in 2007. Its closing came pretty fast after losing their TV deal.

Strikeforce has been around since the 80s as kickboxing and got into MMA about 5 years ago

Shooto, Pancrase, Rings, ZST are some Japanese orgs you should look up... they each had different rules but a lot of awesome fighters got started in those events.

Superbrawl was a Hawaiian company that had good fights and talent

IFC has had tons of events since the mid 90s.. Kombat in Kiev and Global Domination stand out the most in my memory.

jar of flies - UFC started in 1993.. Zuffa took over in 2001

Pride started in 1997.. prime was late 90s til its closing in 2007. Its closing came pretty fast after losing their TV deal.

Strikeforce has been around since the 80s as kickboxing and got into MMA about 5 years ago

Shooto, Pancrase, Rings, ZST are some Japanese orgs you should look up... they each had different rules but a lot of awesome fighters got started in those events.

Superbrawl was a Hawaiian company that had good fights and talent

IFC has had tons of events since the mid 90s.. Kombat in Kiev and Global Domination stand out the most in my memory.

So what made UFC stand out over Strike Force? It wasn;t just TUF

Dream Crusher -   So what made UFC stand out over Strike Force? It wasn;t just TUF

strikeforce was a regional show for many years, while zuffa was drafting semi secret plans to take over the world. different approach w/different goals in mind. strikeforce has, imo, done a pretty decent job of moving to the next level in a short time (since they started makingmoves).

also search for bodogfights. there were some good ones.

Strikeforce started out as a kick boxing promotion. You could try King of the Cage, Cage Rage, IFL (team based MMA championship). More recently theres DREAM and Sengoku in Japan, MFC in Canada, we got BAMMA and Ultimate Challenge MMA in the UK if that helps.

Also Rio Heroes and Jungle Fights are pretty good and theres M-1 Challenge(?)

Thumbs up for a Rio heroes reference