Varner Quote

“I came to fight,” Varner said. “Ben was the better man. He caught me in the guillotine. S--t happens. I was winning the fight. I came to fight; Ben came to grapple.

Seriously it really sucks when you get caught with some pussy grappling move while shooting your badass manly double leg takedown, huh?

spg -  “I came to fight,” Varner said. “Ben was the better man. He caught me in the guillotine. S--t happens. I was winning the fight. I came to fight; Ben came to grapple.

Seriously it really sucks when you get caught with some pussy grappling move while shooting your badass manly double leg takedown, huh?

oh the ironing

and Varner wonders why he's the heel...

The comments were bordering on douchey, IMO.

Sure, he gave him props. He should have stopped there. To go on and try to cheapen his opponent's victory by saying that isn't right - heat of the moment or not.

BMF12 - The comments were bordering on douchey, IMO.

Sure, he gave him props. He should have stopped there. To go on and try to cheapen his opponent's victory by saying that isn't right - heat of the moment or not.

agree, except they were over the line douchey

I don't think Varner is a douche, I'm gonna chalk this one up to him being a tool.

I hope for his sake he's playing the heel.

"heat of the moment" is no excuse. These are the moments that reveal one's true character.

Coming into this fight I was sure Varner was one of the most underrated guys in the sport even though I was hoping Henderson would beat him. He wasn't landing much and all the better shots were being landed by Bendo (although only 1 at a time and only 4 in a round, very low output) but the quick tap without going all out in a title fight and his post fight comments makes me understand the hate. Bad night for Varner.

bitch move

Hahaha. Shoot a double and then bitch about the other guy trying to grapple you once you get caught in a choke. Hahahaha. What a dick.

The guillotine is the ramen noodle of submissions. I don't care for it, but it got me through college.

worst PR in MMA, wow.

Varner just makes it worse when he opens his mouth after a fight.

Varners lisp is the icing on the douche cake....

Sounds like he's frustrated over the loss, especially considering he was winning the fight. That's the thing about subs though....you can be dominating, have a guy near death, and it can be snatched from you. He's not being douchey at all IMO.

Damn, that's pretty low Varner.  Are you guys sure he didn't say he had a cracked skull?

he wasn't really winning the fight, he might have won the first round but he lost the 2nd and was losing the 3rd, he was actually losing the fight when he tapped

Need to post the Varner/Franca gif.

Douche move.

Varner's manager needs to explain to him that he should never talk into a mic or to a reporter.

Ever.

The front page of this site says he "defeated the lightweight title"