Vegans and grocery hoarding

Any vegans here?

How are you dealing with all of the grocery hoarding?

Vegans won’t survive the first wave of a zombie apocalypse.  Or any real hardship. 

1 Like

2 Likes

They can still eat rice and beans...

NorthSouthDinner4Two -

Hah

NorthSouthDinner4Two - 

legit LOL 

They dont need to the vegan section is still fully stocked rofl

Cookie Monster -

Vegans won’t survive the first wave of a zombie apocalypse.  Or any real hardship. 

but not because of their diet.

ABCTT_Disco Dracula -

This! I’m not a vegan or vegetarian but I like rice and beans and the local Mexican places have still be going strong.

I already had several months of dry goods. Not for any sort of preparedness but just because I eat primarily staples & like to have a broad variety to choose from. Just counted & I still have just shy of 50 pounds of dried grains & beans, 30 pounds canned, & 20 pounds frozen, so I still don't have to think about it for 3 months.

& the biggest part of that I mail order anyway.

In general doesn't seem like what I eat is what people want to hoard anyway. I heard rice was a problem for a while, but just white.

headroll - 
ABCTT_Disco Dracula -

This! I’m not a vegan or vegetarian but I like rice and beans and the local Mexican places have still be going strong.

Mexicans are not hoarding?

All the veggies and grains are overstocked here.

I've been having my pick of fresh produce cuz nobody wants to go to that section of the store for some stupid reason.

Fresh Roma and plum tomatoes out the ASS. I love it.

Not a vegan, BTW. Just eating healthy to get back in shape. And it's fucking working. Very pleased.

I’m a vegetarian and it hasn’t been an issue at all. Sometimes certain fresh vegetables are out of stock but you can usually find it canned or frozen. We’re good homie!

^I had to go out the weekend of peak hoarding & noticed potatoes & onions had been culled, but pretty much everything else was plentiful. Rest of the store looked like 1988 USSR. I laughed.

Altofsky - 

All the veggies and grains are overstocked here.

I've been having my pick of fresh produce cuz nobody wants to go to that section of the store for some stupid reason.

Fresh Roma and plum tomatoes out the ASS. I love it.

Not a vegan, BTW. Just eating healthy to get back in shape. And it's fucking working. Very pleased.

My Wife and I buy fruits and veggies and then come home and prepare and freeze them or store them.

It gives us something to do to pass the time and we also spend time together doing that.

Also, it's nice to have to just be able to use whenever.

But we're not vegans.