Velasquez opens as 2.5-1 favorite over Jones

Both guys want the clinch, and are good in the clinch.

I think this fight could go either way.

breezy bryant - 
ShoreBreaker420 - I'd get a brown pride tattoo on my white ass if Dana makes this happen Phone Post 3.0

Careful with statements like this.  Trust me.  That's how I wound up with a Brock Lesnar-esque penis sword tattooed on my torso.

pic or it didnt happen.

I would love to see Cain beat the shit outta jones. Phone Post 3.0

Carson's Corner Fan - Betting my chidrens souls on Jones!! Phone Post
Your kids must be gingers. Phone Post 3.0

I have more confidence in JBJ than the bookies though I'm sure if they were to fight "tomorrow" that he would be a heavy underdog.

However, IF this fight would happen I think JBJ would be quite different than the JBJ we see at 205.

I honestly don't see how people think this would be so one-sided if Jones had a couple of fights at HW. There's no denying the guy is a gifted athlete with some serious natural talent. Phone Post 3.0

I've said before I'm a fight fan who would like to see what Jones has to offer at HW, but I would like to see him test the waters first, Gus gave him all he could handle.

Just stepping up and taking on Cain after a difficult fight with Gus and not testing yourself first at HW isn't a good idea to me, if he would have destroyed Gus then maybe go for Cain, I just don't see him beating Cain, but I've been wrong before. Phone Post 3.0

Jon "Broken Bones" Jones ;/ Phone Post 3.0

TryhardNobody - Everyone saying Cain would wipe him out is imagining Cain at heavyweight and Bones at 200lbs. Try imagining if Cain had to cut weight to get into Bone's division. Who would win then? Is it the same answer?

Yes

Prepare2Die - Roy Jones Vs Jon Ruiz! Phone Post 3.0
LOVE this reference but Cain>>>>>>>John Ruiz in terms of rank within their respective sports Phone Post 3.0

larry bagina -
Prepare2Die - Roy Jones Vs Jon Ruiz! Phone Post 3.0
LOVE this reference but Cain>>>>>>>John Ruiz in terms of rank within their respective sports Phone Post 3.0
I agree with you. I just remember before the Ruiz vs Jones fight people were thinking Roy Jones was going to get smashed... That said this might literally happen to Jon Jones if he fights Cain. If I were Jon Jones I would go for a title defense run before looking to move out of a division that has plenty of opponents worth fighting. Phone Post 3.0

I hope this fight happens. Not because Cain is going to destroy but because it would be interesting to have a definitive answer who is the top p4p fighter between the two. They would be roughly the same weight assuming jones does put an additional 10 pounds onto his current weight. Phone Post 3.0

Think jones takes it easy Phone Post 3.0

Have to respect Jones though for calling out the higher weight division unlike Anderson who has been calling out GSP for years and when anyone mentions Jones to Anderson he suddenly becomes Jones's bff.

Jones would get weeded out by guys like Bigfoot, if they made Jones pay his dues at heavyweight before getting a title shot.

I think Cain should be more like a 5-1 favorite. I doubt Jones could beat JDS,Barnett,Bigfoot.. let alone Cain.

Odds would be interesting at LHW Phone Post 3.0

TampabayMMA - Not a JJ fan but Cain gets ktfod, he'll be facing basically two Kongos with grappling. Phone Post 3.0

Ah yes, because Jones has demonstrated knockout power in his hands comparable to Kongo's and all.

Not to mention Cain recovered immediately both times he was hit in that fight.

What would the Velasquez-Rousey line look like?

hellride - I think Cain should be more like a 5-1 favorite. I doubt Jones could beat JDS,Barnett,Bigfoot.. let alone Cain.
this. Barnett would fold him up like a fucking lawn chair. Phone Post 3.0

glassjawed - Good value on Cain. Jones would have to stop him because he is not outworking Cain to a decision. Phone Post 3.0
Good value on bones Phone Post 3.0