Vera vs Rothwell HW fight @ 164

Via MMAJUNKIE Phone Post

Two UFC veterans are targeted to meet in a fight that could very well send the loser packing from the octagon.

Multiple sources close to the event today told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that Ben Rothwell (32-9 MMA, 2-3 UFC) and Brandon Vera (12-6 MMA, 8-6 UFC) are targeted to meet at UFC 164.

UFC 164 takes place Aug. 31 at Bradley Center in Milwaukee and will be the promotion's second trip to Wisconsin. The main card will air on pay-per-view, though it is not yet know if Rothwell-Vera will be part of the main card or the prelims. Phone Post

Didnt see that coming Phone Post

Holy shit, nice Phone Post 3.0

seems kind of pointless

this is just...weird.

Was Vera having trouble making 206? Weird fight... Phone Post

Hope that's a prelim...

The match ups announced so far are not enticing me to buy a ticket for UFC 164.... yet.

Never expected this. Phone Post

I feel the same. Co-main and main better light a fire under my ass.

Vera via gas tank Phone Post 3.0

What else has been announced for 164? Phone Post

"Don't believe the hype,just believe what you see."

So far for 164 all we have is:

Overeem vs TBA (Browne?)
Diego Sanchez vs TBA
Rothwell vs Vera

MahatmaPetey - 

What else has been announced for 164? Phone Post

Overeem vs Browne, right?
Diego vs TBA

This TBA character better not stand with Diego. Phone Post 3.0

Maybe he will go all Overeem at heavyweight and gain copious amounts of muscle and become a heavyweight force??!!!! Or he'll be the same pudgy fighter that beat up a lost Frank Mir and got beat up by Tim Sylvia? Either way it'll be fun to watch Phone Post 3.0

Rothwell should've been cut a long time ago. Phone Post 3.0

I'm kind of glad to see Vera back at HW. At least he'll have the speed advantage over most guys. Phone Post 3.0