Verizon get's unlimited Data!

I know that Verizon does not give a a fuck about it's customers, and this move surely is not for the customer benefit. But I will take it! Just changed my plan and my monthly bill when down a little and data moved to unlimited!

I saw soemthing about that when I updated my app ... gonna check it out..... 

What are the terms for unlimited data?  I think I need to update my plan.  I currently have 6GB monthly shared between two smart phones.  I also have a regular phone on the account.  I pay ~$200/mo and I get a 22% discount from work. 

Unlimited data isn't eligible for discounts (I get 20% from work) my brother and myself share ours, its currently 120.06 per month if we went to unlimited we would end up paying 175.98, even though its supposed to be 80 for the first line and 45 for up to 3 more lines each. Stupid "access fees". 

80 bucks for unlimited. I'm in. I'm paying that now with Verizon.

Carrier logic:

Discontinue unlimited data

Kick everyone off those plans

Bring unlimited data back

Up-charge customers for it

...profit

Switched my plan at midnight. Might make me stick it out with them for a little longer.

Honestly why stay with Verizon? There are much cheaper carriers like cricket or straight talk.

T-Mobile is raping all of the phone carriers. Cheaper call plans, unlimited data on most plans, more towers and reliability in most places.

$80 per month for single user. Fuck. That. 

Jason -

I know that Verizon does not give a a fuck about it's customers, and this move surely is not for the customer benefit. But I will take it! Just changed my plan and my monthly bill when down a little and data moved to unlimited!

I've had unlimited data since 10 years ago. Just needed to know how to game their system. 

Poleeko - 

I recently dropped Verizon for T-Mobile. Coverage is about the same. Went from $120 to $40 a month. I do have a data only plan though which works fine for me. I rarely talk on the phone and use Google Hangouts to make calls. Everyone has a cell these days so texting works even to just set up a phone call. 

verion and tmobile coverage are not the same.

Tmobile gets real loose with monthly bills though. They correct it months later if you keep fighting but they are really a shitty company.

That said, still cheaper for us than verizon.

Zekolas - Honestly why stay with Verizon? There are much cheaper carriers like cricket or straight talk.
Yup straight talk here

Robbbahram -
Poleeko - 

I recently dropped Verizon for T-Mobile. Coverage is about the same. Went from $120 to $40 a month. I do have a data only plan though which works fine for me. I rarely talk on the phone and use Google Hangouts to make calls. Everyone has a cell these days so texting works even to just set up a phone call. 

verion and tmobile coverage are not the same.

For some people they are. Depends on where you live and where you use your phone.

My T-Mobile works great for me where I need it.

Zekolas - Honestly why stay with Verizon? There are much cheaper carriers like cricket or straight talk.

Because I like to have my calls work.  Where I live Verizon is he only carrier that has good reception.  Unless you live in he twin cities or Rochester in Minnesota and don't stray too far from a major road all the other carriers are extremely spotty.  

Am on the old AT&T unlimited plan, but they keep fucking raising the cost and lowering the throttling point. Am at $79 right now with a 20% discount I'm unsure how/why I got. If it goes any higher, I'll jump ship. Mainly just want to stay on one of the big players for data speed. I don't give a flying fuck about calls or texts, I just want unlimited hyper-fast data.

disbeliever - "unlimited"

Right. But all the carries are roughly the same in that the limit the speed after certain usage

LiveWire -
Jason -

I've had unlimited data since 10 years ago. Just needed to know how to game their system. 

Oh yeah? Let's hear it 

sewich -

Because I like to have my calls work.  Where I live Verizon is he only carrier that has good reception.  Unless you live in he twin cities or Rochester in Minnesota and don't stray too far from a major road all the other carriers are extremely spotty.  

I tried switching over my plan to the unlimited but i think there was problems with the server at that time. Anyone else have this problem? Maybe they are overloaded with how many people are switching over to the new plan. It's going to save me a whole 50 bucks monthly by switching plans (i'm a data whore). But will there be any downside to the unlimited data compared to what I have now?