Very good column "jonesin' for a scapegoat"

Agree with the article, the whole situation has been handled very badly by the UFC.

I agree, i speculated yesterday that this was all a shell game, and we would wind up seeing Chael vs Bones after all.

The people supporting Jones decision and blaming the UFC, are also correct.. the card was thin, and they tried to salvage it at the last minute with their biggest draw.

My point is the UFC has fast tracked Jones to the title, supported him through his DUI, even sponsored him personally so he could chase his "dream" of being sponsored by Nike. When it's time for him to do them a solid, he says.. sorry I just don't feel comfortable doing that for you.

That's my 2c

Article is 100% correct.

" Jones didn't cancel the event and he didn't hurt Dan Henderson's knee"

", will Dana White hold a conference call to say that Machida and Rua are selfish fighters too? "

He already has on one.

well said mmasucka

Good article and the truth.

great article, perfect

rev

MMASucka1 -  I think it's a good take. Funny how we are divided on it. I think a lot of that comes from people who already disliked Jones.

The funny part is that I disliked Jon Jones A LOT going into this, and I still don't like him. Yet I find myself defending his actions and realizing that Dana and Co. made the mistakes here, and should bear the brunt of the blame.

Thank GOD there are MMA sites that have the BALLS to speak the truth like this. Without you guys we would just have to listen to the same FOX news style talking points from the paid "reporters" who are towing the Zuffa line to keep their credentials in tact.

ttt

UGCTT_LnPninja -
MMASucka1 -  I think it's a good take. Funny how we are divided on it. I think a lot of that comes from people who already disliked Jones.

The funny part is that I disliked Jon Jones A LOT going into this, and I still don't like him. Yet I find myself defending his actions and realizing that Dana and Co. made the mistakes here, and should bear the brunt of the blame.

I feel like we were all really mad at first, cause we were excited. But now that time has gone by nothing bad really happened, everyone's fights are getting rescheduled, bones is fighting next month. All we missed out on was bones/Hendo which wasn't jones' fault.
I really don't think it's bones' fault even though I wish he had taken the fight. Phone Post

hellride - Lots of fans put fighters, especially champions in the "Hero" category. They go out and do what we only wish we could. Some people view what happened as Jones' opportunity to pull some real "Hero" shit, save a card.. give to the fans, the company, the sport.

He opted not to donate his time.

It isn't so much who's fault it was for 151 collapsing, but rather a chance for Jones to look out for a company who have done nothing but look out for him.

If they truly only looked out for him they wouldn't throw him under the bus the instant he didn't risk his entire career to save one garbage card of theirs.

I disagree completely. Now would've been the best time for him to shut Chael up. He just came off of a training camp, and Chael has likely been taking it easy. I don't think Jon was scared, but I do think Greg Jackson was.

Hate will make people tune in more than admiration will. People will watch just hoping he loses. UFC loses up front but as I cannot see anyone beating Jones right now, they should be able to recoup the money from his new haters in shows to come. Phone Post