VHS to DVD on computer?

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if it is possible to convert my old VHS tapes to DVD through my computer? If it is, how would I go about doing it? Thanks very much,

Azar

You need a video capture card, a dvd burner, & the appropriate software.

If you don't do hardcore gaming or hardcore editing, an ATI All-in-Wonder card is a decent affordable compromise. If you do either one or both, you're best off keeping your video card & capture card seperate, & I'd go with the Dazzle.

Do you know what graphics card you currently have? As BarkLikeADog said, you need some form of video/audio in to capture what's being played on the VHS tape. Once you capture that I assume it's pretty simple to convert and burn

Hey guys,

I checked my computer and it says I have a Radeon 9600 Series card. I mainly just burn DVD's and play an emulator every now and then on my computer. Do I need anything else? What would you guys recommend I do? Thanks again,

Azar

The series just tells you the chipset used to generate graphics.

You need a video capture card. It's something not every PC has & you have to pay extra for it. A video card is not enough.

Which video capture card would you recommend? I checked Dazzle out on amazon.com and they have a bunch of them. Thanks again,

Azar

ttt

I'd like to do this to. The other major piece of hardware that is needed is the cable to connect the camera to the computer.

What kind of cable?

Does the capture card or All in Wonder come with one?

Also, once I have my computer set up for this, I've been told that I can run my cable tv coax into the computer, and save the shows.

Plus I would need to run the cable out into the Tv.

stephen