Vicente Luque vs. Mike Perry

Thai Dye - 

It appeared to me that most of Perrys shots connected to arms and Vicente connected more to face. 

exaaactly

DougEKnuckles -

I don't see how anyone could think that Mike lost that fight. He won 1 & 2 clearly, 3rd was close. 

I feel this way. 

1 Like
Lucas Maximus -
UGCTTNpNe - 
Lucas Maximus -

he won a free facial reconstruction thats about it

You boozing tonight Lucas why you so mad at Perry?

i think he should get a bonus but i dont think he has good technique im not really hating on the man

edit: i dont drink alcohol

I agree he deserves a bonus. I think he is better than given credit for. I enjoy technique but I respect his move forward do or die attitude just as much.

PS I knew you didn't drink.

I saw Perry winging hooks, and Luque catching most of on his hands and shoulders. Luque looked much sharper coming up the middle and beating Perry to the punch. Don't know why people think Perry won that. He got out classed for the majority of the fight 

Perry lost the last 2 rounds. Although I was just watching it out of the corner of my eye from my table at lunch. He did very well in the first though

During the post fight interview, Mike Bisping said it was one of the best fights he's ever seen.. think that eye might be drifting again 

1 Like
chupecabre -

I saw Perry winging hooks, and Luque catching most of on his hands and shoulders. Luque looked much sharper coming up the middle and beating Perry to the punch. Don't know why people think Perry won that. He got out classed for the majority of the fight 

Psychological. People see winging shots and think Oh Shit!  Plus the smack you'd hear when they hit adds to the psych effect.

Poor Perry went home with a close split decision loss and an obliterated nose. Both guys were tough as hell.

nek - 
chupecabre -

Psychological. People see winging shots and think Oh Shit!  Plus the smack you'd hear when they hit adds to the psych effect.

He was snapping his head back and Luque’s face was red and wearing it from the first round…to say he wasn’t landing is real retarded sir.

Also, he was ahead on the strike stats. People adamant Luque won easily, especially saying Perry was “outclassed” are just as silly as the people saying it for Perry…

It was a really, really close fight that could have gone either way

CaptainWoody -
nek - 
chupecabre -

He was snapping his head back and Luque’s face was red and wearing it from the first round…to say he wasn’t landing is real retarded sir.

Also, he was ahead on the strike stats. People adamant Luque won easily, especially saying Perry was “outclassed” are just as silly as the people saying it for Perry…

It was a really, really close fight that could have gone either way

I wasn’t saying he wasn’t landing at all, but rather that the degree to which people perceived him landing vs. what he actually landed, even if he outlanded Luque, is different.  It was a damn close fight, and I was rooting for Perry, but it’s not uncommon for people’s perceptions to be warped by the way punches are thrown and the Batman sound effects.  You bring up good points, and I’m all for being corrected, but just make your point without being a condescending twat.

I don't know what fight some of you watched, Luque clearly won.