Victoria debut match.Pretty cool.

Against the pipsqueak Madison Rayne.The Beautiful people are hilarious ringside. Did Angelina love say "Get away from me! I'll kill you bitch!" And "Vel-Vel" with the gibberish screams. And yes, Victoria's still got it.

not a bad match.

I think she had a bit too much set-up of the standing moonsault, but yeah, she's still got it.

Widow's Peak has to be one of the best finishers ever.

Why is she going by the name "tara"? Is that her real name or something?

And yeah, she's still got it. She'll be a great addition to TNA's women's division, IMO. Unlike WWE's 'divas', most of them can actually put on a decent, entertaining match.

Probably a marketing or name rights issue. WWE probably still owns the rights to the name "Victoria", so TNA couldn't make any T-shirts or other merch with her name on it. So, they call her "Tara" and then refer to her for a while as "formerly known as Victoria", and build her merch base with that.

Whoa. What was WWE thinking when they let her go?!

i thought she left wwe because she wanted to do mma also

She is doing MMA. TNA gives her more freedom.

That has me curious to know what promoters would pay people like her and Lashley. Whatever else, they would sell some extra tickets because of name recognition

Chocolate Shatner - Probably a marketing or name rights issue. WWE probably still owns the rights to the name "Victoria", so TNA couldn't make any T-shirts or other merch with her name on it. So, they call her "Tara" and then refer to her for a while as "formerly known as Victoria", and build her merch base with that.

So does that mean if my wife and I decide to have another kid, and it's a girl, and we wanna call her "Victoria", we gotta get Vinnie Mac's permission first?

Sheesh that would suck.

TtoMyJ14 - i thought she left wwe because she wanted to do mma also

she got burned out on wrestling and the traveling, and yes also had begun training for a transition to MMA.

i had a few emails from her to our American fighter site a year or more back.

seemed like a nice person, and also very passionate.

Wiggy - 
Chocolate Shatner - Probably a marketing or name rights issue. WWE probably still owns the rights to the name "Victoria", so TNA couldn't make any T-shirts or other merch with her name on it. So, they call her "Tara" and then refer to her for a while as "formerly known as Victoria", and build her merch base with that.

So does that mean if my wife and I decide to have another kid, and it's a girl, and we wanna call her "Victoria", we gotta get Vinnie Mac's permission first?

Sheesh that would suck.

In the end, everyone ends up paying Vince McMahon.

But in reality, yeah they could own the names. After all, WWE owns the rights to the names "Bubba Ray" and "Dudley". I think the rules for "ring names" is, if you don't go by your own name, you either have to have the rights to your ring name, or your promoter (WWE, TNA, WCW back in the day) could actually prohibit you from using it in another fed.

Was Bret the "hitman" before WWE? I know he still used that name in WCW

He was in WWF early on. May not have been part of his contract back then.