Vid of Canelo vs Golovkin WWE-type announcement

Can't wait 

Hopefully the fight lives up to the hype but they're both overrated.

DisIsDeRiddumOfDeNite - Hopefully the fight lives up to the hype but they're both overrated.

LOL negative nancy faggot!!! XD

Actually I think OP was right on in his WWE comparison. Canelo was in the ring, the lights cut out and a GGG promo appears on the screen e and he makes the walk to the ring. That is is pure WWE.

SinCityHustler - Disagree OP. Boxing figured out the promotion thing long before WWE existed. Heck, long before WWF existed. Google a guy named Cassius Clay and his marketing/promoting techniques. This was entirely boxing style.

WWE would have had guys pulling up in ambulances and chugging beer UFC would have had a food fight and one participant storming off the stage crying.

You do realize that ali stole his style of trash talk from gorgeous george (a prowrestler)?

SinCityHustler - Disagree OP. Boxing figured out the promotion thing long before WWE existed. Heck, long before WWF existed. Google a guy named Cassius Clay and his marketing/promoting techniques. This was entirely boxing style.

WWE would have had guys pulling up in ambulances and chugging beer UFC would have had a food fight and one participant storming off the stage crying.

LOL.

SinCityHustler - 
touch - 
SinCityHustler - I've researched this extensively. I do not see this type of marketing and promotion in WWE prior to Ali. I am open to some of you more knowledgeable WWE/WWF fans showing me differently if I am mistaken.

Well I meant pro-wrestling in general, WWE as an epitome of it. Sorry if I didn't make it clear, thread titles on this site can only be that long. 

No worries, I just meant boxing has been doing this type of promotion forever. Perhaps it came from pro wrestling originally. Not a big deal.

I'll tell you a major difference though, tonight's face off was all class and respect, minus that little tid bit at the end "luck is for the mediocre". What I can't stand is the manufactured drama. I didn't see that tonight. I thought we saw 2 warriors in there showing respect to each other and a touch of intensity in there as well. I enjoyed it. Can't wait for the fight.

completely agree. MMA trash talk is so stupid and childish

Sincityhustler

Any good book on Pro wrestling marketing/promotion you recommend?

Thanks

UGCTT_omzzy -
Bryce14 -

Is anyone else looking more forward to this fight than they did with Mayweather vs Manny? 

also can we stop calling him cassius you guys arent eddie murphy in coming to america the dude chose the name muhammad ali respect that.
His momma named him Clay, Ima call him Clay.

People on here will literally argue about anything haha. 

I thought it was perfect 

MMA fans were just saying boxing was dead a few days before the klitschko fight, now boxing is 'crushing mma' lol

LBJ - 
stevekt -
SinCityHustler - Disagree OP. Boxing figured out the promotion thing long before WWE existed. Heck, long before WWF existed. Google a guy named Cassius Clay and his marketing/promoting techniques. This was entirely boxing style.

LOL.

You are a fucking idiot. 

Why am I an idiot? I was laughing at the OP for telling us to Google a boxer that pioneered promotional interviews when in fact that boxer is on record as saying he patterned his on camera behavior after a pro-wrestler.

SinCityHustler -
touch - 
SinCityHustler - I've researched this extensively. I do not see this type of marketing and promotion in WWE prior to Ali. I am open to some of you more knowledgeable WWE/WWF fans showing me differently if I am mistaken.

Well I meant pro-wrestling in general, WWE as an epitome of it. Sorry if I didn't make it clear, thread titles on this site can only be that long. 

No worries, I just meant boxing has been doing this type of promotion forever. Perhaps it came from pro wrestling originally. Not a big deal.

I'll tell you a major difference though, tonight's face off was all class and respect, minus that little tid bit at the end "luck is for the mediocre". What I can't stand is the manufactured drama. I didn't see that tonight. I thought we saw 2 warriors in there showing respect to each other and a touch of intensity in there as well. I enjoyed it. Can't wait for the fight.
same with porter and Thurman the other week.

The style came from pro wrestling. Back when wrestling was shoot it went hand in hand with carnivals. The promotional aspect comes from carnival Barkers. Wrestling being scripted is a promotional aspect in itself because catch wrestling could go on for hours and carnival audiences began losing interest.

Like someone mentioned earlier, Google Gorgeous George.

stevekt - 
LBJ - 
stevekt -

LOL.

You are a fucking idiot. 

Why am I an idiot? I was laughing at the OP for telling us to Google a boxer that pioneered promotional interviews when in fact that boxer is on record as saying he patterned his on camera behavior after a pro-wrestler.

There's your answer. You were not bright enough to figure out I'm not OP.

In

Marlo Sansfield -

Cassius Clay stole Gorgeous George's act, a pro wrestler. He has admitted it interviews.
Lol this!
OP, you fucking mark, haha

superCulo - 

Like someone mentioned earlier, Google Gorgeous George.

Yeah I just did. George appears to be before WWE.

OP cleared it up for me though but thanks for the feedback.