Video: AFC 3 Preview

The Fight Network presents a preview of "Armageddon Fighting Championships 3" taking place on Saturday July 17, 2010 at the Bear Mountain Arena.

For more of the best in boxing, MMA and pro wrestling, log on to www.THEFIGHTNETWORK.com

TTT for the AFC on the rise.

MMACanada.net gets first word with the most talked about Canadian rising Light Heavyweight Misha Cirkunov since his last disappointing loss at Ringside MMA in Quebec. Misha talks what went wrong, and his improvements heading into his fight with Marcus Hicks at AFC 3 in B.C. Also in this video, head trainer Sam Zakula gives his thoughts on the fight and trash talking. Check out http://www.mmacanada.net for more behind the scenes coverage.

TTT

I think that Marcus Hicks has pulled out 2 days away, no?

Cirkunov is gonna be a BAD man once he gets some more experience and works on his stand up, big things a comin for this kid!

MM-eh -  I think that Marcus Hicks has pulled out 2 days away, no?

It would not surprise me.

I will try to find out in the morning.

It's true.

"Hicks, as reported on his Facebook, has now had to pull out of the fight at the last minute due to a shoulder injury."

Updated Card:

AFC III Updated Full Card

Main Event:

Kalib Starnes 10-5-1 vs Nick Hinchliffe 15-5-0 for the AFC Middlweight Championship

Main Card:

Robert Drysdale 0-0 vs Bas Huveneers 8-2-1
Nick Driedger 4-1-0 vs Baz Cunningham 5-0-0
Dan MacIver 6-1-0 vs Mike Hackert 3-0-0
Diego Wilson 5-0-0 vs Dan Lin 3-0-0
Justin Shaw 1-0-0 vs Rob McCormack 0-1-0
Misha Cirkunov 1-0-0 vs Shawn Pauliuk (0-3)

Under Card:

Derek Medler 2-0-0 vs Myles Dearden 0-0
Conner Wood 1-1-0 vs Darcy James 3-2-0
Marcus Vinicios 6-6-0 vs Ryan Janes 2-1-0
Adam Gabel 1-1-0 vs Dajan Kajic 0-0
Iury Aquiano 1-0-0 vs Theo Brisley 2-2-0
Keri Scarr 0-2-0 vs Sarah McLeod 0-0
Conner Riddell 1–00 vs Dan Ring 0-0

The show begins at 7:00pm sharp on Saturday, July 17th at Colwood, B.C.’s Bear Mountain Arena. Tickets are still available. You can also watch the show via online PPV for $8.99 at WWSN.tv.

http://mmacanada.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1210&Itemid=49

Big surprise.

A good read from Ariel Helwani. Going to be very interesting to see Drysdale fight.

Robert Drysdale Readies for MMA Debut

The term "world-class" is thrown around a lot in MMA, but when it comes to describing Robert Drysdale's Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu pedigree, that's the best way to describe him.

Drysdale (0-0, 1-0 amateur), a multiple-time world champion who placed first in the 2007 Abu Dhabi Combat Club Submission Wrestling World Championship's open division, is set to make his MMA debut Saturday night at Armageddon Fighting Championship 3 in Victoria, British Columbia, against Bas Huveneers (8-2-1).

MMA Fighting spoke to Drysdale about his MMA debut, the health issues which prevented him from making his debut earlier and why he would like to fight fellow BJJ wizard, Roger Gracie, in an MMA fight sooner rather than later.

Ariel Helwani: Why are you making your MMA debut now?
Robert Drysdale: Well, I had some health issues that prevented me from fighting. You know, the thing has been going on for a while. But it's clear now, and I'm able to fight, and that's what I want to be able to do. I just want to jump in there and get it done.

Can you explain what exactly you were dealing with?
I was diagnosed with a brain aneurysm. That was a little bit over a year ago. It put me on hold for a while. For a while, I thought my career was done. I don't have insurance in the States, so I had to fly back to Brazil a couple of times to get some exams done over there.

I have a small brain aneurysm. It's actually not inside my brain, it's inside my skull. So it's not life-threatening, and it's way too small to operate. The doctors cleared me, said I was good to go, and that's good news. But for a while there, I didn't know what was going to happen.

Despite the fact that the condition is not life-threatening, are you at all concerned about embarking on a career where you will get hit in the head?
Well, ideally, I don't want to get hit at all. But there's always a chance of something happening and that goes for everyone in this sport. I mean, it's not a safe sport, let's be realistic here. I am going to go in there and do my thing, and try not to focus on the bad things that can happen, just try to focus on the good stuff. But I suppose that is the risk I take.

How often are you going to be looking to fight?
I have a four-fight deal with AFC. I think they have three shows a year, and that's what I want to stick to. So maybe a show by the end of this year, another fight, and then another two fights next year, and then hopefully I will jump in the big shows.

Are you exclusive to AFC?
It's exclusive for Canada, unless it's the UFC. So I can't fight for any other Canadian organization.

Con’t……..

http://www.mmafighting.com/2010/07/16/robert-drysdale-readies-for-mma-debut-with-one-eye-on-roger-grac/

Get your tickets.

99YahooX - Cirkunov is gonna be a BAD man once he gets some more experience and works on his stand up, big things a comin for this kid!

You know, I think that experience is something that will start to mold Cirkunov as his career continues. I have yet to see his fight with Roy Boughten but the fight vs Jeff Doyle was terrible. I know that this will bring screams of hatred from many people but I hope that better matchmaking and experience rounds out Cirkunov's mma career.

anyone hear the results yet?

www.mmasucka.com/2010/07/armageddon-fighting-championships-3-live-updates/

Kalib Starnes vs Nick Hinchliffe – 185lbs – Kalib Starnes by Armbar Submission at 3:49 of round 1 Undisputed Middleweight Champion

Bastien Huveneers vs Robert Drysdale – 205lbs – Robert Drysdale by Arm Triangle at 1:12 of round 1

Baz Cunningham vs Nick Driedger – 145lbs – Nick Driedger by Rear Naked Choke at 2:18 of round 1

Dan MacIver vs Mike Hackert – 185lbs – Mike Hackert by Unanimous Decision

Dan Lin vs Diego Wilson – 135lbs – Diego Wilson by Referee Stoppage at 0:46

Frank Mir enters the ring Interview with Paul Lazenby*

Rob McCormick vs Justin Shaw – 230lbs –

Justin Shaw by Referee Stoppage at 0:19 of round 1

Sean Pauliuk vs Misha Cirkunov – catchweight – 230lbs – Misha Cirkunov by referee stoppage at 0:57 of round 1

Myles Dearden vs Derek Medler – 170lbs – Derek Medler by Submission Due To Strikes at 2:56 of Round 1

Darcy James vs Conner Wood – 155lbs – Darcy James by Knockout at 1:36 of round 1

Dajan Kajic vs Adam Gabel – catchweight 175lbs – Dajan Kajic by Rear Naked Choke at 3:37 of round 1

Sarah McLeod vs Keri Scarr – 135lbs – exhibition fight – Keri Scarr by Referee Stoppage At The End of Round 1*Keri Scarrs size was too much

Theo Brisley vs Iury Aquiano – 160lbs – Theo Brisley by Guillotine Submission at 1:14 of round 2

Dan Ring vs Conner Riddel – 155lbs – Draw *possible fight of the night

TTT for a great night of fights!

Pic's and write up here;

http://www.mmaringreport.com/other-event-news/other-event-news/kalib-starnes-stops-nick-hinchliffe-to-take-the-afc-title.html

Congrats to Kalib on the win!

TTT