VIDEO: Details on leg positioning for armbar

Yes guys Im asking an honest question here, just like I always did in Bolo's forum back in the the day. And thank you for your time Bolo.

If you haven't tried it, let me see if you can understand it this way.....

Cross your arms like you are defending the armbar and move your arm above your head. It should feel very easy to do.

Now cross your arms to the point that your elbows are stacked on top of each other. In this position, your elbows practically in the center of your chest. Now try to raise your arms above your head. You should feel in you shoulders that you arms can't move up the same way. This is a bit of an over-exaggeration, but I hope you get the point.

ttt

There are many leg positions for armbar... I like the one shown here in the vid for when the guy is defending his arms tight... like stated... but when I start breaking the arm free i switch to 1 of my finishing positions depending on what the guy does once he realizes he's losing it

one thing I starting doing years ago, i learned from Roger, is i still never cross feat when im actually going to finish the armbar on top... but I always cross feat/knees wide if im going to finish armbar from bottom (from guard for example) which is funny cause thats exactly opposite how most are taught, but yet the way most top guys do it

good stuff, you can easily spend a month just covering leg positions in armbars!

ttt