Video editing software

Thinking of start a YouTube channel for this game I play. Can you guys recommend some video editing software? Good and free is nice but I'll pay if it's worth it 

Basic straight cuts with no layering, but still able to use a timeline and add music with transition effects and such, hard to beat windows movie Maker 6.0 (not the new trash it turned into. Specifically movie Maker 6.0). Download the k-lite codec pack from ninite.com and it'll work with all video formats. Can render out in 1080p 30fps and with custom profiles available online, can render out at 1080p 60fps. That's what I did with it.

If you want something more advanced or even somewhat similar to Adobe premiere, you want DaVinci Resolve. It's free as well, very powerful. More complicated as a result too, but it's as good as anything and has really great built in color correction stuff. Only catch is you have to convert audio you'd want to add (mp3s, songs, etc) to WAV first otherwise it won't take it. Fileblender makes that a drag and drop process.

Also make sure to check out Adobe Spark for misc image editing tools. There's stuff there to help you create banners, thumbnails, edit images, etc. Also free.

Thanks for the tip! I'll check it out 

i m happy with pirated  movie studio platinum 13.0

For non-professional usage:

Corel VideoStudio Pro+Ultimate

Pinnacle Studio Ultimate

VideoReDo TVSuite

Windows Movie Maker 6.0

I use premiere. I like it.

Bump for cousin larry

What's the deal with using music? Some vids seem to get pulled for certain songs and some don't if they give the right credit to the artist in the description or something?

Helgaiden - Basic straight cuts with no layering, but still able to use a timeline and add music with transition effects and such, hard to beat windows movie Maker 6.0 (not the new trash it turned into. Specifically movie Maker 6.0). Download the k-lite codec pack from ninite.com and it'll work with all video formats. Can render out in 1080p 30fps and with custom profiles available online, can render out at 1080p 60fps. That's what I did with it.

If you want something more advanced or even somewhat similar to Adobe premiere, you want DaVinci Resolve. It's free as well, very powerful. More complicated as a result too, but it's as good as anything and has really great built in color correction stuff. Only catch is you have to convert audio you'd want to add (mp3s, songs, etc) to WAV first otherwise it won't take it. Fileblender makes that a drag and drop process.

Also make sure to check out Adobe Spark for misc image editing tools. There's stuff there to help you create banners, thumbnails, edit images, etc. Also free.

THanks. Impressive post

theBEAToff - What's the deal with using music? Some vids seem to get pulled for certain songs and some don't if they give the right credit to the artist in the description or something?
Creative Commons License 3.0 - attribution only is what you want unless you have the budget to buy stuff. There's a bunch of sites you can sort by licenses such as freemusicarchive. Most of it blows.

theBEAToff - What's the deal with using music? Some vids seem to get pulled for certain songs and some don't if they give the right credit to the artist in the description or something?
Look for no copyright and royalty free music for videos to avoid music getting muted, copyright strikes, etc. I use music from teknoaxe on YouTube for most of my stuff.

in

Awesome... thank you to PorkJackhammer and Helgaiden for your replies. Much appreciated good sirs.