Video games are shorter than chimp dick now

I bought the new Resident Evil 3 game because I'm a stupid nostalgia whore consumer and the game was over in 10 hours. It was retardedly easy and Nemesis was a pure bitch. 

Every media art has been desaturated for profit over art. Waaah. That's it. That' the thread. 

Dq11s 100 hrs plus

1 Like

This is why I prefer sports games.

Although, the last game game I played through was Arkham City, so this thread really isn't for me

1 Like

You picked probably the shortest tripe A game of this generation lol. 

I just beat ghosts of tsushima and it took me well over 50 hours. 

Crusader Kings 2, Europa Universalis 4, Hearts of Iron 4.

1 Like

I havent played it so maybe RE3 just sucks, but shorter games that are engaging the whole time and make you want to replay them are the best. 8-15hrs is ideal.  I hate those 40+ hour story driven borefests. 

I'm totally ok with that.  I would rather pay $60 for a great 10 hour game, than a game where you are forced to run around yourself for an endless amount of time so they can stretch the game out.  

Would you rather pay $20 for a great 90 minute movie or $20 for 4 hours of steaming shit?

4 Likes

Great game, much too short.

1 Like

I'm kinda sick of the "40000 hours of gameplay" which constitutes running around for 39999 of those hours doing nothing. 

3 Likes

I prefer a short game. It affords me the time to do OP’s mother. 

5 Likes

I've been playing Minecraft for almost 10 years now. How's that for a return on a one-time, $30 investment?

1 Like

Squirrel, Blue Belt -

I prefer a short game. It affords me the time to do OP’s mother. 

My Mom told me that's a short game too.

3 Likes

plastekt -

I'm kinda sick of the "40000 hours of gameplay" which constitutes running around for 39999 of those hours doing nothing. 

Agreed. Especially with open ended games with so much repitition, great you can play 1 game a year. Like Skyrim with some like 6 of those dwarven mines or whatever they were. Would rather have smaller maps with solid original content in each section.

flight simulator 4000 hrs and counting

I’m with ya op . I like a good long game to fully immerse myself in for a few months. The key word being good. If it’s a long game with pointless tasks and it’s shit, I’d rather have a short solid game. Do hate a game that’s too short though 

best to play games that don't really end.

I’ve been on the same game of Skyrim since 2015. 

2 Likes

For all the Brits out there. Championship Manager/Football manager. I've been playing the 2000/2001 edition from when it came out to present day.

2 Likes

Assassin's Creed Odyssey - 175 hours and counting. And I haven't even got to the downloadable content expansion pack whatever its called.

1 Like

I can’t even guess how long I put into Witcher III. It’s older, so I picked it up cheap with both expansions, which were probably 15 hours each, plus the main game and side quests had to be well over 100 hrs total. My second favourite video game experience of my lifetime, after FF7 as a 12 year old. Just in front of MGS (yes, Snake Eater was the best, but the original blew my mind). I didn’t expect to find a modern game that I would love as much as those “first loves” I had when I got my PSX. Great ma’fucker of a game.