Video games... $$$?

What the fuck is with the prices? New releases were always $59.99... Then I noticed the new South Park game was 64.99... But now every new game I see coming out is 69.99? What the fuck? When did they decide to just slide the price up an extra 10 dollars? Phone Post 3.0

It's almost like prices are undergoing some sort of inflation

developers cause money, perfect graphics take time.

If you think about it, last generation game prices stayed the same for what 5-6 years. That's not bad considering inflation effected everything else

Mencken -

Lol VU Phone Post 3.0

Ask your parents for more money......you are a child ....right???

Mencken -

They've always been that price. Genesis games were 40-50$ Phone Post 3.0

Weren't ps2 games like 60 as well?

can't complain too much, SNES games were 60.

Well OP has a point.  In the early 90's when I first started buying PC games they were all 49.99.  That was over 20 years ago.  At some point they jumped ten bucks but the price hasn't moved at all in forever.  It's not like inflation was gradually creeping up the price.

Indi devs bro! Child of Light just came out at 15$ and it blows tons of new releases out if the water Phone Post 3.0

I remember paying 80 bucks for FF3 for the snes many years ago. The cost of storage on cartridge based games was huge compared to the discs of today. Phone Post 3.0

I think Donkey Kong Country for the SNES was like 69.99 or 74.99 when it first came out, so it's been done before.

Just be a lazy fuck like me and buy 2-year old games. Playing Skyrim right now, looking forward to Saints Row 3 next. I never pay more than $20 for a game. Except for Starcraft 2 because for some reason Blizzard games never go down in price. Fuck Blizzard.

Also, as some other people have pointed out, games today really aren't very expensive when you adjust for inflation. NES and SNES games were the modern-day equivalent of like $100. I think the PS2/XBox generation was the cheapest.

Ps and ps2 games were like 40 bucks new prices went up with ps3and 360 Phone Post 3.0

It kind of seems silly to argue a $100 difference in the price of Console A vs. Console B when the games themselves are $60 - $70 each. Phone Post 3.0

kkmmnn - Indi devs bro! Child of Light just came out at 15$ and it blows tons of new releases out if the water Phone Post 3.0

JUST started this and so far it is awesome.  Love the feel of it and the music.  voted up!

Yep, like some others have said...

I'm about a year behind with new releases, so by the time I am ready for the awesome new game, I'm a year behind cuz I'm still finishing one game, and it'll be like 20-30 bucks, and I usually buy it used from Gamestop...

Death and Taxes - 
Tomato Can - Just be a lazy fuck like me and buy 2-year old games. Playing Skyrim right now, looking forward to Saints Row 3 next. I never pay more than $20 for a game. Except for Starcraft 2 because for some reason Blizzard games never go down in price. Fuck Blizzard.

Also, as some other people have pointed out, games today really aren't very expensive when you adjust for inflation. NES and SNES games were the modern-day equivalent of like $100. I think the PS2/XBox generation was the cheapest.

Saints Row 3 for xbox 360 is free on xbox live right now

I play on PC though. Sadly I don't see a similar deal on Steam.

BillyRayChubbs - 

Yep, like some others have said...

I'm about a year behind with new releases, so by the time I am ready for the awesome new game, I'm a year behind cuz I'm still finishing one game, and it'll be like 20-30 bucks, and I usually buy it used from Gamestop...

This

Mencken -

Win and VU Phone Post 3.0