Video: Kid Yamamoto vs Josh Thomson (2001)

Norifumi "Kid" Yamamoto  vs  Josh Thomson  -  Shogun 1  (12/15/01)

1 Like

Josh the new champ Phone Post 3.0

Thanks! Phone Post 3.0

You're welcome CA

I’d love to see this video. I forgot this fight ever happened and maybe I never knew. Was Thomson’s 3rd fight and Kid’s 4th. Pretty cool when future killers happen to fight early like this.

4 Likes

How the fuck did you end up pulling this thread out of the ether after so many years?

And id like to see it too

2 Likes

I was listening to the Thomson/Big John podcast on youtube on a whim and something Thomson said made me want to look at his record on wiki and when I glanced at it I saw the Yamamoto fight and went to make a thread about it to see if the Shogun 1 event was out there since there was no link to the card on wiki and when I did the site informed me of the threads that had already been made on the subject so I posted in one.

2 Likes
3 Likes

“8 years later” lol

1 Like

Pro Ice was such a treasure - wonder where he went

1 Like

I owned a copy of this event.It was in Hawaii.I ended up selling my VHS copy to Cruz Gomez opponent Abe Rodriguez here on the UG.The cover of the now available DVD does not show a single fight from this event.All of the pictures are from the IFC $50,000 tournament in Denver Co.

I wish that I could tell you how the fight went down,but I cannot.

Sorry.

1 Like

Good listen.

Man the card this was on had a lot of fan favorites…Cabbage, Lawler, Yves, Kid etc… but you know its one of those events not many people got to see.

IFC 16 Quick Results

1 Like

The event is available for cheap.It made the Holy Grail thread about events.Like mine,the VHS copies did not have sound.Forum member Mbetz was going to upload his copy with sound,but changed his mind.

1 Like

Here is where Mbetz said he would upload it.

https://forums.mixedmartialarts.com/t/video-shogun-shogun-1-2001/2256341