Video: King of Pancrase Tournament 1994

You're welcome guys

William Colosimo -
Funaki Masakatsu #1 - 
ranier wolfcastle -  its odd that when they took the back in pancrase they almost never used the hooks

If you are referring to the final, Ken injured his knee vs Funaki (and nearly pulled out of the final). That's why he avoided throwing hooks in. Phone Post

Interesting! Never knew that

Yeah. Notice how after Ken wins the decision, he jumps for joy, but grimaces his face and grabs his leg?

There was also a video of an attempted backstage interview that reporters tried to do with Ken after he beat Funaki but he and his camp frantically declined. You could see chaos, something was clearly up. Later they revealed that Ken's knee was injured and he considered pulling out but Bob convinced him to fight.

This is also why Ken fought so weird the final. He didn't shoot any doubles, only went for body lock takedowns, didn't go for any leglocks, attempted RNCs without throwing hooks in. He knew he couldn't scramble and did not want to end up on his back. Phone Post

ttt

TTT Phone Post

Sub! Phone Post

Thank you so much for these Pro-Ice. It's a good day to watch Pancrase with Bas.

VU (again).

Nice find Phone Post

Great stuff as always Pro ice!!

Big 'English' Tom Phone Post

William Colosimo -
Funaki Masakatsu #1 - 
William Colosimo -
Funaki Masakatsu #1 - 
ranier wolfcastle -  its odd that when they took the back in pancrase they almost never used the hooks

If you are referring to the final, Ken injured his knee vs Funaki (and nearly pulled out of the final). That's why he avoided throwing hooks in. Phone Post

Interesting! Never knew that

Yeah. Notice how after Ken wins the decision, he jumps for joy, but grimaces his face and grabs his leg?

There was also a video of an attempted backstage interview that reporters tried to do with Ken after he beat Funaki but he and his camp frantically declined. You could see chaos, something was clearly up. Later they revealed that Ken's knee was injured and he considered pulling out but Bob convinced him to fight.

This is also why Ken fought so weird the final. He didn't shoot any doubles, only went for body lock takedowns, didn't go for any leglocks, attempted RNCs without throwing hooks in. He knew he couldn't scramble and did not want to end up on his back. Phone Post

Good stuff! I'll have to check it out, always cool to have an excuse to watch some more Pancrase

If you watch the Kings of Pancrase PPV (the 3rd Pancrase US PPV from like 1996) Ken talks a little about his strategy for that match (basically he wanted to play it real safe and not make any mistakes)

Yeah, that PPV was pretty cool, I thought Bruce Beck did a good job with the commentary.

Ken was really aggressive in the semifinals vs a much more dangerous fighter in Funaki so it was very surprising to see him fight Yamada so cautiously. The injury explained it. Phone Post

Later Phone Post

Subd and thanks. Awesome. Phone Post

Thanks #1

I'll watch this tomorrow.  Thanks bud!

You're welcome guys

Mr Colosimo also deserves a thank you, he has helped me in getting many of the videos I have shared

Sub'd Phone Post

Awesome post. I have been searching for these fights for fucking ever!

Baseball bat chokes are a go!

Sub Phone Post

Can someone answer these questions:

1. How did Hume get fucked over against Suzuki? Did he have point deductions or something?

2. Was the first match in part 2 an injury fill in match?

3. Why was the guy in the kangaroo speedos no wearing shin guards and kneepads?

4. Were the shinguards and kneepads optional? If so, why were people wearing them?

5. Why did the shamrocks - as well as the others - not punch to the body on the ground?

6. When and why did pancrase start fixing fights?

Cheers, ya'all.

knuckleballs - Can someone answer these questions:

1. How did Hume get fucked over against Suzuki? Did he have point deductions or something?

2. Was the first match in part 2 an injury fill in match?

3. Why was the guy in the kangaroo speedos no wearing shin guards and kneepads?

4. Were the shinguards and kneepads optional? If so, why were people wearing them?

5. Why did the shamrocks - as well as the others - not punch to the body on the ground?

6. When and why did pancrase start fixing fights?

Cheers, ya'all.

I will answer some of these when I get home Phone Post

Man Ken was a beast back in the day....I wish he would have never went to the WWE.....