Vince cut Zelina on 9/11 show

I didn’t watch SmackDown last night, but apparently, it had a bunch of really good pieces paying tribute to Sept 11th.
Then they had a match scheduled with Zelina Vega, whose dad was killed on Sept 11th, and cut it from the show.
Wow. Seems pretty tone deaf.

3 Likes

1 Like

she woulf probably be too “real for them.” The image is more important than the sincerity

I don’t understand how these wrestlers can join (or in her case rejoin) this company and not expect the worst. I feel bad for her in this instance but they’ve shown that they will hire/rehire someone just to bury them.

4 Likes

Wait so Zelina Vega is in the Naruto Uchiha clan? No wonder she acts the way she does.

The what now?

1 Like

Yeah, I’m with you.
I mean, this happening to her was bullshit on EVERY level.
But everything else that’s happened since she came back…like she’s lost what - almost every match (if not every single match) she’s been involved with since re-signing with the company…
I mean - what did you THINK was gonna happen?
If you’ve seen what’s happened with her, Kross, Keith Lee, Dijak, Taya, Shayna, heard the manager plans for Cole (and they were gonna change his name so he wasn’t confused with Michael Cole), etc…and you sign with WWE anyway…you kinda deserve anything you get.

4 Likes

I’m lost. Can someone tell me what the fuck is going on here?

I think it’s some kinda cosplay.
It has nothing to do with the situation.

Also her husband. They might have thrown a shitload of money at her. Not everyone is like FTR/Revival: for some people, personal dignity is for sale.

The WWE is in the business of telling stories. They could have told a true heartfelt human interest story with this but chose not to. Clearly it would have put Zelina Vega way over (at least for the time being) - maybe thats why they chose not to? Insane

1 Like

Why put over someone they’ll cut soon

1 Like

Her husband told Jericho that she resigned with WWE so she could be with him and then they cut him a couple weeks after she resigned

Whoops

1 Like

Her father was killed in the attacks. Show was 9/10 in MSG and a tribute show. She was gonna wrestle on the show, but her match was cut as she was at Gorilla ready to go out.

Nothing is the death of a female WWE wrestler’s career like your husband being in another promotion. Frankly, she’s lucky Vince didn’t have Nia Snaxxx put her through a table 13 weeks in a row, then let Brie Bella kick her head into orbit.

2 Likes

Zelina hasn’t be re-signed that long - there’s still plenty of time for that.

1 Like