Vinnie Tortorich: Mars bar better for u than pasta

He was on Carolla today, and said that eating mars bars for dinner is actually better for you than pasta, which seemed odd to me. He also went in to a short explanation of how, basically pasta sits in your stomach for much longer and keeps your insulin levels very high for a longer period of time. I'm just wondering if there's any truth to this, cause he shits on pasta almost every show.

Just always been kind of skeptical of this guy, as a daily Adam Carolla listener.

What about deep-fried Mars bars?!?!?
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/deep-fried-mars-bars-recipe

Mars with meatballs for dinner tonight

For the most part keep an I on your calories and you'll be fine. Macronutrients play a role, especially protein, but if you eat the same calories every day with similar activity throughout the week your weight will stay the same. I get tired of all this BS that these self proclaimed gurus make up to try n make a profit from. There is absolutely no food that is good/bad for you. Now there are bad diets but, (I cannot stress this enought) there is no such thing as a bad food.

He knows his shit. 

mada - 

Comparing shitty food to another shitty food is silly. They are both terrible for your blood sugar levels and neither has any nutritional value. 

If pasta is really as bad as Mars bars, why does Italy have a higher average life expectancy than the US?

Where the hell does one get a Mars bar these days? Havent seen them in years.

Robert Thomas - Where the hell does one get a Mars bar these days? Havent seen them in years.

Italy. 

Robert Thomas - Where the hell does one get a Mars bar these days? Havent seen them in years.

Lucky supermarket maybe?

Underrated candy bar. One of the best ever.

This guy doesn't know shit. I tried this, and I can confirm that mars bars taste really shitty in both marinara and alfredo sauce. 

scrambull - 

This guy doesn't know shit. I tried this, and I can confirm that mars bars taste really shitty in both marinara and alfredo sauce. 

Some men just want to watch the world burn.

adam must have gone into a "yummy phase" rant after that

angryinch -
mada - 

Comparing shitty food to another shitty food is silly. They are both terrible for your blood sugar levels and neither has any nutritional value. 

If pasta is really as bad as Mars bars, why does Italy have a higher average life expectancy than the US?

Because pasta and Mars bars are perfectly fine for you, but Americans over eat on everything and the rest of the world realizes "hey I'm no longer hungry I should probably stop eating" while Americans think "God damn I'm full, but I'm gonna try n muscle down a little more"

Some professor lost weight eating nothing but twinkies, another on just chipolte, people have also lived on just Burger King, and maintained a healthy weight.

Yes, these foods are bad, but if your calorie count is not off the wall, and you are active and working out, you will typically be ok.

-----

"For 10 weeks, Mark Haub, a professor of human nutrition at Kansas State University, ate one of these sugary cakelets every three hours, instead of meals. To add variety in his steady stream of Hostess and Little Debbie snacks, Haub munched on Doritos chips, sugary cereals and Oreos, too. His premise: That in weight loss, pure calorie counting is what matters most -- not the nutritional value of the food. The premise held up: On his "convenience store diet," he shed 27 pounds in two months.""

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08/twinkie.diet.professor/