Vinny Magalhaes free agent after next M-1 fight

from thefightnerd.com - Fight Nerd correspondant Syl Peterkin spoke with the M-1 Global Light-Heavyweight champion, Vinny Magalhaes this weekend at the “Ultimate Absolute” no-gi grappling tournament. Vinny beat Marcos “Buchecha” Almeida by toehold in the first round, then Daniel Gracie in the second round with a banana split, but was defeated by the grand champion Andre Galvao in the semi-finals. Magalhaes discussed the tournament and what went wrong against Andre, and gives us some insight as to what is next with his contract with M-1 Global, including his plans are after his final fight with the company is done this October. If Magalhaes does not re-sign with M-1, where should he go next? 

With his stock down, maybe a UFC rematch with Bader is in order.

Mostly though, I like him with M-1. He fits in their division well. Strikeforce and the UFC really have all the LHW they need, and he would just lose if he went there. M-1 have a lot of guys around his level that make for some exciting fights.

you might have misunderstood something... I said i have 4 more fights left in my M-1 contract... then I will be open to renegotiate with M-1 or go somewhere else, if M-1 choses not to keep me.... 

4 fights are a lot of fights.... 

^ there you go.

I don't care where Vinny fights, as long as it's on tv and I can watch I'm happy. Vinny is the only reason I actually tune into M1 cards on Showtime. Phone Post

RyannVonDoom -  Owned! Phone Post
No bro, he might have just misunderstood... i mumble sometimes when i talk... might be the bad english... :)

Any videos of those grappling matches?

Vinny Magalhães - 
RyannVonDoom -  Owned! Phone Post
No bro, he might have just misunderstood... i mumble sometimes when i talk... might be the bad english... :)

yeah thats what i thought actually. my bad vinny! ive got vids of all your matches this past weekend coming up on my site, so stay tuned for those!

M-1 is his ocean, and premature free agency doesn't know how to swim.