**Vintage BJJ pics**

young Gracies: Image result for rolls gracieImage result for rolls gracie

Image result for rolls gracieRelated imageImage result for rolls gracie vs rickson gracieImage result for rolls gracie vs rickson gracieRelated image

Related imageRelated imageImage result for young joe moreira

This photo sponsored by Winstrol

Image result for carlos gracie jr old pics

^ I believe that picture was taken at my teacher's fist school, the short lived "Los Angeles JiuJitsu Club"(?). It hangs in his school today. Don't think I've ever seen it outside the school. That actually looks like a photo of the photo, I'm guessing maybe taken at the school.

lol @ the winstrol comment. reminds me of the pics hanging in sityodtong

Everyone in that picture is jacked as fuck the there's murillo bustamante on those fruits and vegetables. Fucking love bustamante

Is that Barreto on the right? I don't remember him being that big, he almost looks photoshopped. Guy can't even wear a hat his head looks so big.

chief123 - Is that Barreto on the right? I don't remember him being that big, he almost looks photoshopped. Guy can't even wear a hat his head looks so big.

yup

Rey Diogo on left and Barreto on right. He was a big dude

Judge Mental - 
chief123 - Is that Barreto on the right? I don't remember him being that big, he almost looks photoshopped. Guy can't even wear a hat his head looks so big.

yup

Barreto was actually THE very fist BJJ black belt I ever rolled with and it happened on my first day at Rey's. I'm not gonna lie, I think me may have won. lol.

I believe top row  (L to r) is:  Rey, Liborio, Wallid, Carlson, Vitor, Maurilo, Amaury, Barreto.

shen -
Judge Mental - 

yup

Barreto was actually THE very fist BJJ black belt I ever rolled with and it happened on my first day at Rey's. I'm not gonna lie, I think me may have won. lol.

I believe top row  (L to r) is:  Rey, Liborio, Wallid, Carlson, Vitor, Maurilo, Amaury, Barreto.

You think HE might of won you mean?

LOL

^ Yes --It was close, IIRC- but being my very first day and him being an 8 foot tall BB & pro fighter, I think he may have had a slight advantage.

Lol Bustamante being the only guy not on roids in that pic. Says a lot about the balls on that guy.

I look at those pics and i see badasses (maybe its just bc those are the guys i was watching when i started) and don't get the same sense from many of the top bjj guys today. there certainly was a harsher element to the sport back then. i miss that

PTA -

I look at those pics and i see badasses (maybe its just bc those are the guys i was watching when i started) and don't get the same sense from many of the top bjj guys today. there certainly was a harsher element to the sport back then. i miss that

Dudes trained BJJ to fight back then. It had a sport side but they were fighters. Nowadays...not so much.

Those of you who like me were around the scene from 96-2001 remember it was a very different and a bit more intense scene

shen -

^ Yes --It was close, IIRC- but being my very first day and him being an 8 foot tall BB & pro fighter, I think he may have had a slight advantage.

Don't sell yourself short bro! Everyone assumed you were gonna whoop on hin

bump

I remember eating sushi with some friends once, and rey diogo was sitting at the next table. I said hello, and then was embarrassed because my friends were acting like jackasses drinking saki and beer, not realizing they could be disturbing the peace of carlson bjj guy.

ASBELTOMATO - I remember eating sushi with some friends once, and rey diogo was sitting at the next table. I said hello, and then was embarrassed because my friends were acting like jackasses drinking saki and beer, not realizing they could be disturbing the peace of carlson bjj guy.

haha...he probably could care less

that would be embarassing, is it not written in the tao of asbeltomato that to disturb the wa of a fellow warrior is to welcome catastrophy, for when two tigers clash, one must surely perish and the victor be maimed for life?