Virtua Tennis on PS3 in 1080p

It's official: Virtua Tennis 3 on PS3 will run in 1080p. It's been demoed, fully playable, running at that resolution.

Kojima said MGS4 "should" run in 1080p when it is released.

Supposedly they are also hoping to get Resistance running at 1080p, but with launch 8 weeks away and the game running at 720p now, that seems unlikely.

dont forget Ridge Racer 7 also runs 1080p. and army of two as well and more games to come.

if you want to play true next generation instead of this generation games. the PS3 will be it.

dont forget too. the movies that are released on either HD-DVD and BLU-ray are also 1080P. so if you want next generation PS3 will be it.

so microsoft can say what it wants. 1080P is the future for VIDEO and GAMES.

Do you work for Sony redeye?

Will it look as good as this Wii game done in 480p?

http://next.videogame.it/img/news/39500/39622/notizia.shot3.jpg

Hope so, because as we all know, it's graphics that make games.

That cant be. according to the experts here the PS3 can only do about 5fps in 1080p...

"99% of PS3 titles will natively render at 720p; the few that come out with 1080(x) support are either going to be simple ports that don't need to render complex scenes (e.g. Virtua Tennis), or will give up a lot of in-game visual effects and simply won't look very good (hence the poor showing of Gran Turismo HD at this past E3)."

http://ps3.ign.com/objects/824/824785.html

lol

LOL^^

" dont forget Ridge Racer 7 also runs 1080p. and army of two as well and more games to come."

I haven't heard either of those. As far as I know, the only announced 1080p games are GT HD (just an upscaled GT4) and Virtual Tennis, with MGS4 and Resistance in the "maybe but probably not" category.

i heard ms. pac-man is going to be 1080p too

demonclown i dont work for sony. but i have a pretty keen eye on what next generation will be.

the difference between 1080p and 720p is huge. why do you think microsoft suddenly goes 1080P as well. today mircosoft had a press conference here in japan about their HD-DVD addon which is pretty useless since no HDMI connection and how they will software update the xbox360 to 1080p like the bare bone ps3. without hdmi.

why suddenly the change to 1080P? because 1080P is the next generation.

movies are shot in 1080P tv series in high def are 1080P.

so sony wants to bring the next generation movie experience as well as the next generation gaming experience to the same level!

"99% of PS3 titles will natively render at 720p; the few that come out with 1080(x) support are either going to be simple ports that don't need to render complex scenes (e.g. Virtua Tennis), or will give up a lot of in-game visual effects and simply won't look very good (hence the poor showing of Gran Turismo HD at this past E3)."

http://ps3.ign.com/objects/824/824785.html

playing pong and tetris in 1080p will be awesome!

This link "http://ps3.ign.com/objects/824/824785.html" doesn't seem to reference this quote: "99% of PS3 titles will natively render at 720p; the few that come out with 1080(x) support are either going to be simple ports that don't need to render complex scenes (e.g. Virtua Tennis), or will give up a lot of in-game visual effects and simply won't look very good (hence the poor showing of Gran Turismo HD at this past E3)."

Can you please direct me to where it does.

looks like they changed the page, search ign or use google

here's a bunch of articles

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&safe=off&q=ps3+99%25+%22render+at+720p%22&btnG=Search

Thanks for the heads up on how to use the internet. I was looking for a reputable and impartial source (like an IGN article) and didn't want to have to use google or trawl the ign site to track it down. I just thought you may have miscopied the link or used the wrong one.

You do realise that quote comes from the mouth of Xbox Live's technical strategy director Andre Vrignaud (a Microsoft employee who doesn't develop games) don't you because it seemed like you were passing it off as an impartial source.

His expanded comments also refer to developers more than likely picking 720p as the standard so as to streamline development of games. THIS makes sense.

90% of consumers dont even have 720p, so what this pissing contest is about im not sure. we will be talking about the PS4 and Xbox720 before HD sets are the standard amoungst consumers.

When did everyone become so short-sighted?

Anyone who buys a TV in the next five years is going to buy an HD set. Many of those will be 1080p. Most will be 42" or larger.

"90% of consumers dont even have 720p"

I wonder what percentage of people who have any intention of buying a next-gen console have an HD set or intend to get one in the next year or two, rather than percentage of consumers in general.

All I know is that I can't even enjoy or play any games if they aren't at incredibly high resolution and clarity. Especially that game where you pick up keys and shoot people in the face, and that other game where you are a spiky blond-haired androgynous waif-boy who has to save the world with his Meteo spell.

Anyone who buys a TV in the next five years is going to buy an HD set. Many of those will be 1080p. Most will be 42" or larger.

I wonder what percentage of people who have any intention of buying a next-gen console have an HD set or intend to get one in the next year or two, rather than percentage of consumers in general.

The number one thing that drives consumers is price. It took dvd's about 6-7 years to become standard after it was clear that was going to be the format of choice. It takes that long to usher in new tech because a large portion of consumers dont buy fancy technology until their current setups crap out. Then they get the most fancy setup they can get based on price.

With dvd's and dvd players it took so long to become standard because the prices had to fall to where your average consumer felt it was a worthy purchase. I spent 600 on a dvd player when they were all the rage because im a tech geek like most here. But my family stuck with VHS until they saw a $99 dollar player at a Sams Club. Now my folks make good money, but they didnt consider the change in format until it was so cheap that it was stupid not to do so.

Thats what HD faces. Entry level HD sets that are big enough for a tv room (37"-42") still cost around 1200-1500. Your average consumer isnt dropping over grand for a tv setup. HD will eventually be the only way to go, but thats still 5 years off at least, when the tech is so affordable that its foolish not to buy it.

So in my opinion all of the 1080p-1080i talk is getting a bit beyond the lifespan of the console. Microsoft and Sony will be cranking out new consoles before 720p controls a 60% share of the market. So all of this banter now is just a pissing contest between people that simply want to say they have the most powerful machine. 10% of the market can actually support their upper end specs and it might not be above 50-60% when the PS4 is out.

^^^^^^^ = truckloads of correct

So, getting to 1080p is as easy as dl'ing an update?