Virus reports

There has been a volume of virus reports on the site.

In an attempt to isolate the source, I have shut off all ads (with the exception of inhouse and Google ads).

If anyone still gets a virus report, please post here along with any available information, most notably the thread title or url.

Several other steps are also underway, but it is critical to know if there are still virus reports with ads shut off.

thanks and will do.. had a report early this morning but probably before you shut off the aids...

Thanks Kirik, virus is very random. Phone Post

Would be interesting to see what browsers/plugins people are using too... things are sometimes mistaken as malware that are really just ads. 

Joe Lauzon -  Would be interesting to see what browsers/plugins people are using too... things are sometimes mistaken as malware that are really just ads. 

Have you gotten virus alerts on the OG? Poll Thread 

by Nitecrawler - 1 2 

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
1 minute ago 

by WidespreadPanic
33 441

Joe Lauzon -  Would be interesting to see what browsers/plugins people are using too... things are sometimes mistaken as malware that are really just ads. 

Seems to be the IE users.

I use firefox with no add ons and have never seen 1 virus detection on the UG ever. And I've actually tried to get it to come up by opening the 'infected' threads that people list.. clean as a whistle on my end.

Firefox / Norton = no can defend.

I haven't had any problems. I use chrome. Phone Post

Have been visiting the site quite often over the last week, with no virus notifications.

Stay out of this, nerd.  You're already nerding this thread up too much.

Dead Again - 

From what I've been reading on here, it's mainly IE users who are too stubborn to change and/or do anything on their end to protect their computers.

Ahh you mean the wonderful "JUST FIX IT!" crowd.

Eloise Ann - 
discodrew - I haven't had any problems. I use chrome. Phone Post
. Phone Post

Yes kirik, Dr. Diggs is back posting under the SN Always Sunny and is up to his usual tricks. 

The virus actually redirects you from mma.tv to a fake virus detection ad. You'll get the virus if you don't close the ad down and click on anything on the web page.

People are on edge about Worm.Win32.flame.

I would shut down for routine maintanance tonight and scan the system. You're going to have to do it sometime anyway.

If I use IE yes I get hit with a re-direct now and then. Seems very Random and directs me to a fake anti-virus site. The kind where it says you are infected click here to fix bull shit.

If I use FireFox with adblock I have no issues.

the site is running a lot better without all the ads.

never got a virus warning from here.

StrikingMMA -

Beating up people on TV Saturday night. Debugging IT networks on Monday. You truly are a Renaissance man, Joe.

This.you should change your name to Joe 'Santa' lauzon because your always giving to the we the people. Lol but in all seriousness you seem like a genuinely cool guy I hope to get to meet you someday... P.s get a fight with cowboy and choke him into unconsciousness lol Phone Post

inf0 -  thanks and will do.. had a report early this morning but probably before you shut off the aids...

THIS IS THE ONE THAT MANY WERE GETTING THE PAST FEW DAYS/WEEKS

EDITED:

I just deleted the error message picture where I linked to www1 (dot) on-linerescuesaver (dot) pl

Pernicious -
inf0 -  thanks and will do.. had a report early this morning but probably before you shut off the aids...

I feel terrible for laughing so hard at this picture. Phone Post