Vitali or Wladimir?

Arreola is actually quite the over achiever in a sense. The guy is not very athletic, not very fast with neither hands or feet and doesn't have real one punch power, but he has made it all the way to his second title shot. Yeah he is lazy when it comes to training, but the guy has the balls to fight anyone, and huge heart when he is in the ring. He has grown on me. I didn't like him for a long time, but now I hope he pulls off the upset.

Vit and Wlad both have a far better CV than Tyson.

Just saying, Bros.

Just saying. Phone Post 3.0

I actually think Tyson would have KO'd Wlad. He may have ate some shots but he would get inside on Wlad and touch him early. I dont think Wlad would handle it well. Vitali would be same thing except he weathers it early and breaks Tyson down similar to how Lennox did.

boxing wiz - Arreola is actually quite the over achiever in a sense. The guy is not very athletic, not very fast with neither hands or feet and doesn't have real one punch power, but he has made it all the way to his second title shot. Yeah he is lazy when it comes to training, but the guy has the balls to fight anyone, and huge heart when he is in the ring. He has grown on me. I didn't like him for a long time, but now I hope he pulls off the upset.

arreola has tremendous one punch power.  36 wins 31 knockouts and a ton of them have come within 4 rounds 

boxing wiz - I actually think Tyson would have KO'd Wlad. He may have ate some shots but he would get inside on Wlad and touch him early. I dont think Wlad would handle it well. Vitali would be same thing except he weathers it early and breaks Tyson down similar to how Lennox did.

think about it, tony tucker and bonecrusher smith were able to hold tyson off just by being big and strong and extending their arms and keeping him at bay. buster douglas was able to use his height and sit behind the jab while dropping the right down on hism when he did get inside and basically took him apart. lenoox just used his height and stayed behind the jab and would drop the right on him. see a pattern? wlad would sit behind that jab andn ot open up and then boom him out of there with that right. tie him up inside and reset. it would look identical to lennox win over him, except wlad would have done that to any versio of tyson. just simply too big, fights safety first and has tremendous power. tyson would never have a chance to open up and would get battered, even 'prime' tyson. wlad is bigger, stronger, faster and way more skilled than all the guys who slowed tyson down and a whole 'nother level above the buster douglas type guys.

pharochuck - 
boxing wiz - I actually think Tyson would have KO'd Wlad. He may have ate some shots but he would get inside on Wlad and touch him early. I dont think Wlad would handle it well. Vitali would be same thing except he weathers it early and breaks Tyson down similar to how Lennox did.

think about it, tony tucker and bonecrusher smith were able to hold tyson off just by being big and strong and extending their arms and keeping him at bay. buster douglas was able to use his height and sit behind the jab while dropping the right down on hism when he did get inside and basically took him apart. lenoox just used his height and stayed behind the jab and would drop the right on him. see a pattern? wlad would sit behind that jab andn ot open up and then boom him out of there with that right. tie him up inside and reset. it would look identical to lennox win over him, except wlad would have done that to any versio of tyson. just simply too big, fights safety first and has tremendous power. tyson would never have a chance to open up and would get battered, even 'prime' tyson. wlad is bigger, stronger, faster and way more skilled than all the guys who slowed tyson down and a whole 'nother level above the buster douglas type guys.

I agree with those guys getting by being bigger and stronger. Those guys also didn't panic when pressured and could withstand taking some punishment. Wlad is far more better technically with a great jab and big right hand. Wlad also panics whenever anyone closes the distance on him, and does everything to wrap his arms around them to clinch. Wlad also doesn't take punches well. One shot is all it would take to end the fight. Minus the Peter fight where Wlad fell down every time he was touched, he has never shown the ability to overcome adversity. He hasn't shown he can be roughed up and still comeback and take control.

Vitali's resume isn't better than Tyson's. It's pretty horrid actually outside of Lennox.

PoundforPound - Vitali's resume isn't better than Tyson's. It's pretty horrid actually outside of Lennox.
Arreola, Peter, Adamek are better fighters than any of Tyson's big wins. Spinks, berbick, ruddock. Berbick was limited, spinks was simply not a quality heavy and ruddock was a club fighter with a padded record.
You can make a case that he does have a better resume than Tyson Phone Post 3.0

Razor Ruddock was a better fighter than Sam Peter.

If you are going to discount Spinks as not a quality heavy then why not discount Adamek for the same reason?

Arreola as of yet has done nothing significant at heavyweight.

Pinklon Thomas, Tony Tucker, Tony Tubbs all accomplished more than most of the names Vitali faced. Even old Larry Holmes compares favorably.

Not to mention that a fighter's resume consists of his performances in both wins and losses. Mike without a doubt faced the harder opposition if you take that into account.

PoundforPound - Razor Ruddock was a better fighter than Sam Peter.

If you are going to discount Spinks as not a quality heavy then why not discount Adamek for the same reason?

Arreola as of yet has done nothing significant at heavyweight.

Pinklon Thomas, Tony Tucker, Tony Tubbs all accomplished more than most of the names Vitali faced. Even old Larry Holmes compares favorably.

Not to mention that a fighter's resume consists of his performances in both wins and losses. Mike without a doubt faced the harder opposition if you take that into account.

Ruddock was hype. He was built into this killing machine, but he was a club fighter with one if the most telegraphed left hooks in history.
Adamek actually put in some work at heavy. Spinks caught an old Holmes and searched the globe for a guy he could beat in Stefan tangstad and retired cooney. Adamek would have beat spinks and ruddock and berbick
Peter and ruddock were about the same level of fighter
Arreola would have beat every single guy that Tyson beat. There is not a guy Tyson beat that Adamek and arreola wouldn't have also beat. Now I'm not saying they would have beat Tyson, but they would have also beat everyone he ever beat. So by virtue of that I'm saying that vitali by beating them, beat better fighters than Tyson ever did Phone Post 3.0

Adamek lost to Chad Dawson. Do not ever try and compare him to Michael Spinks. Don't try and sell the quality of todays crop of heavyweights by mentioning Adamek. Sam Peter was a huge puncher and nothing else. He was raw, slow and lacked almost all boxing skills. Ruddock was basically a one arm fighter, but he was better than Peter. Arreola is a big sturdy guy, but lets not get carried away. Arreola would have likely been closer to a Jose Ribalta than world beater. People shit talk Buster Douglas, but the version that KO'd Tyson was an absolute beast, and would have been a handful for anyone that's ever fought. Riddick Bowe, Ray Mercer, Michael Moorer, Alex Stewart, Michael Dokes, Oliver McCall, Tommy Morrison, Greg Page, Pinklon Thomas, Frank Bruno and Bruce Seldon would beat anyone in today's heavyweight division not named Klitchko. Whoever mention Sultan Imbragimov, he is the guy actually gave up a few rounds against ancient Holyfield. There is no comparing the quality of the two era's.

i stand on it name one guy tyson beat that arreola wouldn't have also beat?

pinklon thomas when he fought tyson was fresh out of rehab for heroin. didn't train but a couple of weeks. the version tyson beat doesnt make it out of the first round with arreola.

frank bruno was not very good, witherspoon nearly killed him and then he was coming off a year and a half layoff when he fought tyson the first time. don king did an excellent job of selling that fight

bruce seldon? lol, change your name to not boxing wiz if you think bruce seldon was a force. and funny you mention bowe, mercer and moorer as tyson avoided them like the plague and would have been embarrassed by bowe and out toughed by nmercer and outboxed by moorer. 

and yes adamek if you look at it without rose colored glasses would have beat spinks. was spinks more dominant at 175 in his era? yes. actual fight between the two adamek takes it at heavyweight

Now you want to tell us that Adamek is a great heavyweight? His biggest win was over Arreola. You want to tell us how great Arreola is, tell us who he has beat. Everyone who has followed through the years talks about how sad the state of the current heavyweight division is, yet you're trying to tell us how strong it is.

And Mike Tyson's people may not have wanted any part of Riddick Bowe, I assure you Michael Moorer wasn't avoided. Michael's chin and shaky confidence would have crumbled early against Tyson, just like he did in the 30 seconds he stayed awake against Tua.

boxing wiz - Now you want to tell us that Adamek is a great heavyweight? His biggest win was over Arreola. You want to tell us how great Arreola is, tell us who he has beat. Everyone who has followed through the years talks about how sad the state of the current heavyweight division is, yet you're trying to tell us how strong it is.

And Mike Tyson's people may not have wanted any part of Riddick Bowe, I assure you Michael Moorer wasn't avoided. Michael's chin and shaky confidence would have crumbled early against Tyson, just like he did in the 30 seconds he stayed awake against Tua.
Once again, tell me a guy that Tyson beat that arreola wouldn't have beat?
Tyson's signature win was spinks, now even better tell me what guy in the top ten at heavy that wouldn't have crushed spinks?
Did you really watch spinks at heavy? He basically outhustled an old Holmes in the first fight and got a gift decision in the second fight. Then fought two complete stiffs and the got murdered by Tyson. He was a terrible heavy.
Seriously go back and watch spinks fights at heavy and watch Adamek at heavy and sincerely tell me you think spinks could have beat him. Yes spinks is a legend, dominate at 175, undisputed champ and then went up and became the first sitting light heavy champ to take the crown. So as far as legend status Adamek would have had to beat vitali to top him, so Adamek doesn't measure up in status. But if you took 1987 spinks and put him in with 2011 Adamek. Adamek wins. Phone Post 3.0

pharochuck -
boxing wiz - Now you want to tell us that Adamek is a great heavyweight? His biggest win was over Arreola. You want to tell us how great Arreola is, tell us who he has beat. Everyone who has followed through the years talks about how sad the state of the current heavyweight division is, yet you're trying to tell us how strong it is.

Tyson's signature win was spinks, now even better tell me what guy in the top ten at heavy that wouldn't have crushed spinks?
Did you really watch spinks at heavy? He basically outhustled an old Holmes in the first fight and got a gift decision in the second fight. Then fought two complete stiffs and the got murdered by Tyson. He was a terrible heavy.
Seriously go back and watch spinks fights at heavy and watch Adamek at heavy and sincerely tell me you think spinks could have beat him. Yes spinks is a legend, dominate at 175, undisputed champ and then went up and became the first sitting light heavy champ to take the crown. So as far as legend status Adamek would have had to beat vitali to top him, so Adamek doesn't measure up in status. But if you took 1987 spinks and put him in with 2011 Adamek. Adamek wins. Phone Post 3.0
Arreola would get mauled by even Frank Bruno! Phone Post 3.0

Lulz. Bonecrusher smith knocked out Bruno. Bonecrusher had good power bit was very unskilled. An out of shape tim Witherspoon almost killed Bruno. You must be a younger guy and didn't actually see these fights, you can go to YouTube and see for yourself. Watch arreola fights and then watch frank Bruno fights and tell me sincerely which man you think will win Phone Post 3.0

pharochuck - Lulz. Bonecrusher smith knocked out Bruno. Bonecrusher had good power bit was very unskilled. An out of shape tim Witherspoon almost killed Bruno. You must be a younger guy and didn't actually see these fights, you can go to YouTube and see for yourself. Watch arreola fights and then watch frank Bruno fights and tell me sincerely which man you think will win Phone Post 3.0
I'm pretty sure he's gotta be trolling at this point. Phone Post 3.0

pharochuck - 

You're comparing Michael Spinks' performance against the All Time Great albeit aged Larry Holmes, to how Adamek looked fighting fucking Arreola?

sczott52 -
pharochuck - Lulz. Bonecrusher smith knocked out Bruno. Bonecrusher had good power bit was very unskilled. An out of shape tim Witherspoon almost killed Bruno. You must be a younger guy and didn't actually see these fights, you can go to YouTube and see for yourself. Watch arreola fights and then watch frank Bruno fights and tell me sincerely which man you think will win Phone Post 3.0
I'm pretty sure he's gotta be trolling at this point. Phone Post 3.0
I'm trolling because I didn't think Bruno was that good? Wtf? Bruno got knocked out by bonecrusher. Bonecrusher was strong but crude and Witherspoon while a good fighter didn't live up to his full potential due to outside the ring distractions and very poor training habits and he went in there completely out of shape and embarrassed Bruno.
And I believe Adamek as a heavy was a better fighter than spinks was.
Not trolling. Spinks was 4-1 at heavy. Adamek was 11-2 at heavy.
Spinks 4-1 includes a gift in the second Holmes fight and a win over cooney who had fought 3 rounds in 5 years and a win over Stefan tangstad who was knocked out by a 10-2 fighter and won a split decision over a 7-3 fighter before his title shot. They literally had to search the globe to find a guy in Sweden with a decent looking record that spinks could beat. Adamek on the other hand fought legit heavies to build up to his shot against vitali.
I acknowledged that spinks is a legend because of his accomplishments but if you take 1987 spinks against 2011 Adamek. Adamek wins. Little bit stronger, sharper more accurate puncher and actually went in there against full size heavyweights. Spinks team angled for bogus contenders and them folded against Tyson Phone Post 3.0

You guys are working on emotion. 'Oh fighters were tougher then' 'somehow because it happened a long time ago it was better'
But you can't answer simple questions without being ridiculous. I asked who did he beat that arreola wouldn't have also beat and you make jokes like Bruno would have mauled him, knowing Bruno never won a big fight or dealt very well with big punchers. Bruno won fights where he had size and strength advantages. The few times he didn't have those advantages he was knocked out. Each time. He wouldn't have size and strength on arreola and when you look at the way Bruno threw his punches you can see where he could be countered and why he lost by knock out to every good fighter he faced.
So it's either a serious lack of boxing knowledge to claim Bruno could beat him or your just a it happened 20 years ago so it was better guy Phone Post 3.0