Vitor's career is unprecedented

Seriously. Take the Vitor who got decisioned by Sakuraba and Tito and then take today's Vitor. Today's Vitor is just like a Vitor fan's dream come true of Vitor living up to his actual potential.

I can safely say, that today's Vitor that just starched Hendo is 2.5 times the fighter that got smeared by Randy or decisioned by Chuck or Tito. The fact that Vitor is 16 years into his career and actually at his best ever is astonishing and I can't think of one situation in MMA where a fighter has actually become his best this far in.

He seems to have gotten way stronger mentally, seems physically better, and has somehow developed kickboxing skills and become a fearsome kicker when merely years ago he was seen as mostly a lethal boxer. This is something I've never seen.

Sure, Matt Hughes has developed okay hands at the tale end of his career but his waning chin left him high and dry.

Chael has a much better ground game than he used to but has always been a great wrestler.

It's really astonishing and TRT definitely probably helps him somewhat, but I can't attribute TRT to his most recent mental strength, kicking arsenal, or all around different sort of intensity. Vitor is truly living up to the name The Phenom.

Now I should clarify, that Vitor's always had decent kicks aka in the Chuck fight which IMO he used very well, but to go from good kicks to Cro Copping quality opponents 3X in a row...well, that's something else altogether.

I thought randy was the best version of himself in the gonzaga fight , Anderson is still at the top of his game Phone Post 3.0

This is vitor living up to his potential. The Tyson of modern mma.

That uppercut was crazy. Phone Post 3.0

Not even cro cop was doing wheel kicks like vitor has. To reach 35 years of age and after fighting for 17 years, most fighters are either on the decline by then or trying to maintain their peak while vitor somehow has managed to break a new plataue and is now better then ever. If he wins the title, it will truly be an amazing story Phone Post 3.0

People will discredit Vitor for TRT, however, TRT is not a substitute for timing or technique. What Vitor did to Hendo was a lapse of technique from Hendo and perfect timing and technique by Vitor to take advantage of it.

That upper cut from Vitor was amazing, absolutely incredible.

Wait till he gets pushed hard in a fight again. I have always liked Vitor but he really does lack the Dan Henderson type grittyness. Phone Post

Yeah vitors a beast but idk if hes champ level he got front kicked by anderson and beasted by jbj yeah thats stiff competition but if he was really that great maybe he would have pulled those fights off. Just sayin, no doubt tho vitor deserves another shot he earned it Phone Post 3.0

ChaelsBicep - Yeah vitors a beast but idk if hes champ level he got front kicked by anderson and beasted by jbj yeah thats stiff competition but if he was really that great maybe he would have pulled those fights off. Just sayin, no doubt tho vitor deserves another shot he earned it Phone Post 3.0
Well JBJ was a fight he took on 3 weeks notice and he was moving up in weight to. Plus he had a Hurt left hand which is why he pulled guard so much. Anderson he just got caught IMO Phone Post 3.0

chris12 -
ChaelsBicep - Yeah vitors a beast but idk if hes champ level he got front kicked by anderson and beasted by jbj yeah thats stiff competition but if he was really that great maybe he would have pulled those fights off. Just sayin, no doubt tho vitor deserves another shot he earned it Phone Post 3.0
Well JBJ was a fight he took on 3 weeks notice and he was moving up in weight to. Plus he had a Hurt left hand which is why he pulled guard so much. Anderson he just got caught IMO Phone Post 3.0
He didn't "get caught." There's a video where Anderson is talking about exactly how he set that kick up. It was genius. Don't take credit away from Anderson. Phone Post 3.0

Vinnie G -
chris12 -
He didn't "get caught." There's a video where Anderson is talking about exactly how he set that kick up. It was genius. Don't take credit away from Anderson. Phone Post 3.0
No vitor saw the kick but he expected it to go to the body. Sorry he got caught, vitor will get his revenge Phone Post 3.0

chris12 - 
Vinnie G -
chris12 -
No vitor saw the kick but he expected it to go to the body. Sorry he got caught, vitor will get his revenge Phone Post 3.0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3tT4D-Utbc

4:30 he talks about setting it up.

Vinnie G -
chris12 - 
Vinnie G -
chris12 -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3tT4D-Utbc

4:30 he talks about setting it up.
Although he set it up and it was brilliant doesn't mean that Vitor didn't get caught. The fact that he got caught just means that he wasn't properly defending and didn't expect the kick to come high. The timing and execution of that kick was likely the most incredible technique I have ever seen in MMA, and saying Vitor was "caught" doesn't take anything away from it. Phone Post 3.0

Phillysliced - I thought randy was the best version of himself in the gonzaga fight , Anderson is still at the top of his game Phone Post 3.0
What? He just got knocked out... Lol... Phone Post 3.0

Phillysliced - I thought randy was the best version of himself in the gonzaga fight , Anderson is still at the top of his game Phone Post 3.0
What the hell are you talking about Phone Post 3.0

Definitely unique.

The way he is going, he may win the MW title.

Honestly he just seems like vitor.... He has always had the ability to blitz people early on.... If he wins a long drawn out fight maybe we can say something.... Right now.... Its just vitor Phone Post 3.0

Kneeblock - Vitor is the Shane Mosely of MMA imo. Phone Post

Roger Clemens of mma imo...

Vitor is just in a great place in life. Optimal hormones and training like a warrior in a place that he's comfortable is proving to work well for him. I've always been a fan. He was my guy when I first got into watching UFC. Phone Post 3.0

Fighting is 99% mental, and typically as one ages, they become stronger mentally.