Vitor's Original Opponent(s) at UFC Brazil?

Hello everyone,

I am planning to write an article about Vitor Belfort, but I can't remember who his original opponent(s?) was supposed to be at UFC Brazil. I'm pretty sure it wasn't Wanderlei. Also, wasn't there a lot of talk right before the bout that Vitor might not fight at all?

Thanks,

Alex

Art Jimmerson

Maybe Ettish

Tra Telligman

www.sherdog.com/fighter/Vitor-Belfort-156 

Sorry misread your post

this came from ufc.com so I dunno who his original opponet would have been

Wanderlei Silva – October 16, 1998 – UFC Brazil

Result – Belfort TKO 1

With countrymen Belfort and Wanderlei ‘The Axe Murderer’ Silva both possessing the ability to end a fight in an instant, you just knew that their fight at Ultimate Brazil was going to end explosively. Well, it did, with the 21-year-old Belfort stopping his local rival with a dazzling array of strikes that sent the Sao Paulo crowd into a frenzy. Silva, just two years into his career at the time, would soon go on to greatness in Japan. For Belfort, 6-1 at the time, it was to be his last UFC bout for three years, as he proceeded to sign a deal with PRIDE in Japan that saw him win four of five fights from 1999 to 2001, with his only loss coming to Kazushi Sakuraba.

www.ufc.com/index.cfm

Bohlander

Check this link out.. towards the end it states that Wandy was brought in to fight Vitor

www.mmaforum.com/353857-post1.html

This will be confused with the Japan show where he wound up fighting Ghettoman Charles.

I remember it being Bohlander as well according to FSN

HELWIG -  This will be confused with the Japan show where he wound up fighting Ghettoman Charles.

Who was his original foe UFC Japan? Didn't Vitor turn down everyone but Charles, his training partner?

ttt

suposedly vitor was having big time jitters in the lockerroom before the vanderlei fight..Wallid, carlson and the rest of the camp had to beg vitor to out and fight..

Vitors first fight in the ufc was supposed to have been at ultimate ultimate 2 against mark Coleman but he got injured..