Voluntary Sterilization a solution?

Ethics aside could a government funded sterilization program be a fix to the poverty as well as effective population control? Say the government puts out applications (have to be over a certain age or have kids) and then offers to sterilize people free of charge as well as giving them a sum of money (5-10k), would there be enough interest to even make a dent in problem? Obviously at first it would be a money trap as there would be no immediate return on the investment but later on down the road there would be a noticeable difference. There are good and bad sides as we could end up losing some bright minds

What does the OG say? Phone Post 3.0

You can go first if you like.

StruggleSnuggles - Ethics aside could a government funded sterilization program be a fix to the poverty as well as effective population control? Say the government puts out applications (have to be over a certain age or have kids) and then offers to sterilize people free of charge as well as giving them a sum of money (5-10k), would there be enough interest to even make a dent in problem? Obviously at first it would be a money trap as there would be no immediate return on the investment but later on down the road there would be a noticeable difference. There are good and bad sides as we could end up losing some bright minds

What does the OG say? Phone Post 3.0

In before racist shitstorm.

Why would the government want to stop the poor from breeding? They need the poor as wage slaves and to keep them in power. Phone Post 3.0

People are being irresponsible with their right to bear children.

At one point in time this will have to be addressed.

I have no problem with it.

Invisible Lats Syndrome - You can go first if you like.
Already done sir. Got my two kids Phone Post 3.0

I'm all for it. Just change it from voluntary to involuntary and only allow productive members of society to breed.

If we can spray a sterilization chemical over muslim countries........maybe.

Govt funded vasectomies and tubes tied for the poor. It would pay for itself ten fold Phone Post 3.0

There is a private group that does this.

I think it's a good idea.

The US has already practiced compulsory sterilization.

Here's a link to a study conducted on it by the University of Vermont.
http://www.uvm.edu/~lkaelber/eugenics/ Phone Post 3.0

jaytrainwreck - The US has already practiced compulsory sterilization.

Here's a link to a study conducted on it by the University of Vermont.
http://www.uvm.edu/~lkaelber/eugenics/ Phone Post 3.0
Thanks for the link VU! Phone Post 3.0