Voodoo Floss?

Does this stuff really work, or is this just the latest turd the crossfit community and Rogue fitness has tried to polish up and profit from?

looks like the latest Crossfit/Rogue polished turd. The idea looks like the bastard child of Powerlifting knee wraps (the Metal Black Wrap is practically pure latex rubber itself) combined with a bastardized version of "kaatsu" training.

Kaatsu is a form coming from Japan that I personally don't think a lot of. Basically, you exercise the muscle after extremely compressing and restricting blood flow to the muscle. According to some of the initial results, supposedly people were able to get a good training result even with only 20% max weight lifts.

Of course, kaatsu (the real form that was developed in Japan) calls for a lot of pretty expensive fucking equipment to constrict the blood flow through a series of pressure cuffs, etc. Not a wrap of latex rubber.

Basically, it's kinda like the term Tabata. Xfitters took a foreign sounding idea (because if it's foreign, it's gotta be better, right? Right?) and fucked around with it, taking certain elements while missing the forest for the fucking trees, slapping a brand name (especially one that sounds rebellious or cool) on it, and trying to make bank.

The sad fucking part is that there will be thousands if not tens of thousands of these fucking things sold because X-fit tards will swallow whatever is pitched to them hook, line and sinker if it comes from Rogue or another X-fit "friendly" group.

That was my initial thought as well. I had hoped I was wrong.

I think it had more in common with Active Release Treatment, which I've had amazing results with.  

I've had mixed results with the Voddoo Floss.  Some things, it didn't help much for.  Some things, I feel it helped immensely and even cured some tweaks that would have affected my training.  My boss is a golfer and had golfer's elbow.  I Voddoo'ed him up, and he was so impressed with the results he bought his own that afternoon.  His sister had tennis elbow, he worked on her, and now she bought her own.

That's really par for the course.  I've found them to work great on knees and elbows.  Mixed results with everything else.  That said, Active Release Treatment has worked great on anything I've had treated with it.

Adventure Runner - 

I think it had more in common with Active Release Treatment, which I've had amazing results with.  

I've had mixed results with the Voddoo Floss.  Some things, it didn't help much for.  Some things, I feel it helped immensely and even cured some tweaks that would have affected my training.  My boss is a golfer and had golfer's elbow.  I Voddoo'ed him up, and he was so impressed with the results he bought his own that afternoon.  His sister had tennis elbow, he worked on her, and now she bought her own.

That's really par for the course.  I've found them to work great on knees and elbows.  Mixed results with everything else.  That said, Active Release Treatment has worked great on anything I've had treated with it.

That was how it was explained to me by a friend, and I sort of get that in the biceps and elbow, but how on earth would it get into the tendons in the shoulder and hips and knees? Also in one of the videos the guy uses it ona sprained ankle for extreme compression which I would think is where shatner got the idea of the Kaatsu type thing...Honestly, Im just gonna buy a bike tube and give it a go, if that works then Ill buy one of the long rolls of voodoo floss, but Im going in a bit skeptical.

Or spend half that amount and get yourself a long roll of Thera-bands. All the rubber, none of the retarded branding bullshit.

LiftorDie - 
Adventure Runner - 

That was how it was explained to me by a friend, and I sort of get that in the biceps and elbow, but how on earth would it get into the tendons in the shoulder and hips and knees? Also in one of the videos the guy uses it ona sprained ankle for extreme compression which I would think is where shatner got the idea of the Kaatsu type thing...Honestly, Im just gonna buy a bike tube and give it a go, if that works then Ill buy one of the long rolls of voodoo floss, but Im going in a bit skeptical.

I'm sure a bike tube would work as well.  Obviously there is nothing magical about the rubber.  It feels like a thick jumpstretch band that I'd use squatting.  

Knees are pretty easy to hit with it.

I tore my posterior tibialis muscle and partially tore the ligament (ankle and lower leg) in an ice climbing fall this winter.  I feel the Voddoo Floss helped in recovery.  It's hard to pin point it on any one thing though because I was also dosing ibuprofen, icing multuiple times per day, having  ART done, having Graston done.  That said, I was off crutched in 3 weeks, and ran the Boston Marathon 4 weeks later on very little training followed by a 6 day mountaineering expedition on Mt Rainier the week after that.  Neither was very comfortable and my ROM was most definitely affected, but the restorative techniques I used made it possible at all.

My $.02.  Everybody is welcome to their opinions.

Adventure Runner - 
LiftorDie - 
Adventure Runner - 

I'm sure a bike tube would work as well.  Obviously there is nothing magical about the rubber.  It feels like a thick jumpstretch band that I'd use squatting.  

Knees are pretty easy to hit with it.

I tore my posterior tibialis muscle and partially tore the ligament (ankle and lower leg) in an ice climbing fall this winter.  I feel the Voddoo Floss helped in recovery.  It's hard to pin point it on any one thing though because I was also dosing ibuprofen, icing multuiple times per day, having  ART done, having Graston done.  That said, I was off crutched in 3 weeks, and ran the Boston Marathon 4 weeks later on very little training followed by a 6 day mountaineering expedition on Mt Rainier the week after that.  Neither was very comfortable and my ROM was most definitely affected, but the restorative techniques I used made it possible at all.

My $.02.  Everybody is welcome to their opinions.

A few of the things Ive read said that the bike tires work, but the voodoo floss is more elastic and much easier to use alone. Could be some schills but I don't mind dropping 20 bucks on the long roll with a buddy from the gym that wants to split it. Ive spent much more on frivolous things for the gym that I never use.

Chocolate Shatner - Or spend half that amount and get yourself a long roll of Thera-bands. All the rubber, none of the retarded branding bullshit.

Never heard of this, Ill give it a look.

LiftorDie - 
Chocolate Shatner - Or spend half that amount and get yourself a long roll of Thera-bands. All the rubber, none of the retarded branding bullshit.

Never heard of this, Ill give it a look.

Actually after googling...I already have some of these I just didn't know what they were called. You think they would work?

Honestly, therabands feel totally different.  It'd be hard to get the same type of wrap with them.  Could they still work in this capacity?  Perhaps.  I just know it wouldn't be from mimicking a voddoo floss band.  It feels a lot more similar to a bike tube or jumpstretch band than anything else I've come in contact in.