Wagney vs. nobody!?!?!?!

Kashk.. no disrespect intended as I have a great respect for Wagnney and all MMA competitors. I don't feel any of my comments were out of line or disrespectful in any way. I apologize if you misread any comments I made.

We were hoping to have Santino fight Wagnney but unfortunately the weights do not match. It is physically impossible for Santino to make 145 so the only chance is at 155. I just wanted to point out that if Wagnney is willing to fight at a higher weight, then Santino is prepared to take the fight. But, it is the fighter's perogative to fight at whatever weight he wants to. DowntownMB mentioned that it might be possible that no one wanted this fight, so I just wanted to make sure you guys knew that there was at least one person, but he was a weight class higher.

I truely wish Wagnney the best of luck on May 22nd and hope to see him in action!

So does Wagnney have an opponent or not?

In MMA, Wagnney should fight @ 145 (at most) given that he walks just slightly over this weight. It is commonplace for fighters to cut 15 pounds and MMA is the last place you want to wind up facing a guy who is so much bigger. I may be biased but at 145, I believe one would see that Canada really does have a world class MMA fighter in Wagnney Fabiano.

I still say I win by forfeit.... :(

JHR you are funny as hell

Karmarep,

Would you please send me an e-mail? I have something that might be of interest. Thanks.

m1k42@yahoo.com

AlexC -didn't Randy drop a weight class? That is a
little different then moving up a class. Don't you
think??

magnus I will email from work after 11:30

karmarep.. what I meant was that prior to fighting Liddell for the Interim Lightheavyweight Title, Couture never fought at LHW. The fact that he was a great fighter and champion at HW allowed him to fight for that title. So, what he did in his career at whatever weight class will also be taken into account when wanting to fight for a title.

Magnus I respect your comment but I think it is safe to say that Canada has had a world class competitor at 145lbs for sometime. He is "The Pride of El Salvador" Ivan Menjivar and he will be showcasing his talents at UFC48 on June 19th. So please tune in everyone!!

Magnus you have e-mail.

Do PrideFC, the UFC, or even K1 have a -145 class? If not, and someone wants to fight on the international stage, would they not have to fight *at least* people @ 155? (And in PrideFC, probably get placed against Sapp, even in Bushido)?

Not fair, but it seems the fight biz is skewed towards the bigguns.

rene, I think K-1 will be having competitors that compete at 145lbs(range) as they have "Kid" Yamamoto in their ranks. Pride Bushido fights with Gomi have been around the 160lbs range. Hopefully they will start enlisting the lighter weights more. You also have to remember that Shooto Japan does use the lighter weights. Might not be on the same stage as K-1 or Pride but there is great competition(although they use slightly different weight class scheme).

Shows like Shooto and ZST look for lighter fighters as does KOTC. But, the major shows (UFC & Pride)unfortunately do not. Even the UFC 155 pound division doesn't get the respect it deserves. The 155 pound weight class has some of the best talent in the world, but they are so evenly match so it leads to some real tactical battles which the casual fan might find boring.

Nathan, Alex, those are my points. I wish we'd see more lighter fighters, but they seem only slightly less interested than Vince McMahon at this point.

Maybe if Shooto and ZST grow, that will change. Until then, 155 seems the lightest, and even then, only mildly supported.

rene.r .. unfortunately you're right. There will always be fights around for talented guys, but I think most North American fighters goal is to fight in the UFC. Anything lower than 155, it won't happen.

JHR, maybe you need to put disclaimers on your posts. I was drinking milk when I read that and about half of it came out on my keyboard through my nose.

I would love to see Wagnney fight. Sadly, I have just been informed that the guy who tapes all my bell expressvu PPV's had his dish stolen on Wednesday.

SON OF A %$#@#!!!!!!!

Somebody actually stole a dish right off his house ???

LOL

I'd gladly fight him in September...unless there is another show between May 22nd and then...it would have to be at 155...145 is imposible for me.

nathan@aristeia,

Thanks for your e-mail. Very respectful and much appreciated. For the record, I am very taken with the skills of Mr. Ivan Menjivar. The "Pride of El Salvador" also makes those right thinking, MMA following Canadians - presumably from coast to coast -very proud!

My perhaps insensitive post regarding Wagnney's skills were meant only as a public display of my support to him.

All the best to you and Ivan.

You're welcome Magnus and thank you very much.

MC, Wagnney's brother,Leo, is more than willing to fight you at 155. After the world Cup of Jiu-Jitsu he will have time to train some mma. So a fight sometime in the fall or winter is a possibility.