Wagnney Fabiano to TO Dragons

Is this official yet or what?

IFL really needs a 145 division.

So does the UFC.

what happened to menjivar?

ttt4wags

koskesh - probably out due to being sued by his manager

I spoke to Ivan last week at the UGC and he told me he withdrew due to the size differences. He feels that he is a natural 145 (walking around at 165)and that he would have met too many 155's who walked around at 185.

Wagnney is officially the new 155 pounder with the IFL Dragons. He was scheduled to fight with APEX on January 13th, but along with Wagnney and Terry Riggs, the decision was made to have him skip the January fight and move into the IFL show in February.

An injury in January would have potentially eliminated Wagnney's contract chances with the IFL and we didn't want to risk it for Wagnney. He's is a great APEX competitor and we wanted the best for him on a personal level. With that being said, Wagnney said he would fight for APEX if we wanted him to, because he is a man of his word and didn't want to let us down. I think that proves what kind of person Wagnney is.

Depending what happens with the Dragons, we'd love to have Wagnney back in the cage/ring in the 2nd half of 2007.

He has a tough fight in January as the Dragons are scheduled to face Matt Lindland's Wolfpack. At 155, the Wolfpack have Ryan Schultz; another APEX veteran.

congrats wags

"I spoke to Ivan last week at the UGC and he told me he withdrew due to the size differences. He feels that he is a natural 145 (walking around at 165)and that he would have met too many 155's who walked around at 185. "

no doubt Ivan belongs at 145. with IFL out, TKO out, and by this reasoning hero's would to be out? any idea where he will fight?

so much talent at 145 being wasted, really is a joke.

I'd imagine the new Showtime show will have 145ers, just a feeling I dunno.. and since Crow is there, Ivan should be able to.

C

go wagnney!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WAG WALKS AROUND AT ABOUT 160LB GIVE OR TAKE 3 LBS.
I SEEN HIM WALK AROUND AT 155LBS DEPENDING IF HE ISTRAINING REALLY HARD. HE NOT A BIG GUY BUT HE IS PRETTY STRONG FOR A GUY HIS SIZE..OKAY REALLY STRONG FOR A GUY HIS SIZE! I HOPE HE DOES WELL

size plays a factor in fights but it can be worked around in the ring..

Some fighter's styles are benefitted more by a size advantage than others. Someone like Hominick, for example, has a style where he can be more effective than others despite giving up size. Some have more of a bullying style (see Couture at Heavy vs. LtHVY), and it does catch up with them. Just my 2 cents.

C

i agree 100 percent

What happened to Rob Dicenso? I know he lost his first fight and was injured in the process but I thought he'd be back as the dragons 155'er.

Were his injuries more serious than I thought? What's his status?

anyone?

Rob broke his nose in that fight and was training for a fight in January and broke it again. So you can say he's on the IR.

Thanks AlexC! So will he replace Wagney once he's healed?