Waiters in Utah make $2.13 per hour?! (vid)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4enUE8qt_Q

According to the video's description, "Waiters in Utah make 2.13/hr."?

Is that for real?!

That's slavery, yo!

All waiters make 2.13 in every state. Unless the employer chooses to pay a higher wage. The employer is required to pay minimum wage if minimum wage is not met through tips plus hourly. Phone Post 3.0

The US is so ass backwards for that shit man... Jobs where you acquire tips absolutely suck because you have to go out of your way to be nice to douchebags and you probably still won't get tipped by them. Minimum wage shouldn't be any different if tips are offered. I'm Canadian and my girlfriend works as a waitress. She makes $10.50 an hour and she gets about $10 an hour in tips on average. If she was getting any less, she would quit tomorrow because she hates her life and the way customers treat her. Fuck the US for this ass backwards way of paying their workers. Phone Post 3.0

flowwiththego - All waiters make 2.13 in every state. Unless the employer chooses to pay a higher wage. The employer is required to pay minimum wage if minimum wage is not met through tips plus hourly. Phone Post 3.0

in california waiters make minimum wage of 8 dollars regardless of tips. tips are just a bonus

flowwiththego - All waiters make 2.13 in every state. Unless the employer chooses to pay a higher wage. The employer is required to pay minimum wage if minimum wage is not met through tips plus hourly. Phone Post 3.0

Not all states, only those that are "right to work" states have that policy.  Which includes statutes that allow no reason release from employment.

^^^^ my Bad. That is correct Phone Post 3.0

In the right to work states employes have to pay minimum wage if the tips do not equal the minimum wage Phone Post 3.0

no, they pay the difference.  but that only happens if the place is a shithole and/or the server is terrible.

You couldn't anyone to work here in Australia for $2.13 an hour regardless of tips.

I get it as an idea and I don't think ya necessarily a bad one, but having a minimum of that is pretty insulting Phone Post 3.0