Wake up guys!

I've been learning voice as of late - holy fuck its boring.

How about the QoS stuff that goes along with it. I'm not half bad at the configs, I just have no frame of reference as to how to apply it in the real world.

I've been working more with the Layer 7 side of it.  Setting up a lab T1 and going to try to connect the hardware and CUCM over a WAN with all the config for the routers/switches. 

Good timing.  I just passed my CIPT1 (part of the CCVP), and I'm going over my labs one more time before moving on to the CIPT2.  If you want the CIPT1 lab stuff I have, just let me know.

And yes...it's friggin boring.  :)

If you can find a digital copy of the CIPT2 by Olsen - It would be much appreciated :)

rfquinn - Good timing.  I just passed my CIPT1 (part of the CCVP), and I'm going over my labs one more time before moving on to the CIPT2.  If you want the CIPT1 lab stuff I have, just let me know.

And yes...it's friggin boring.  :)

Man - even with a CCVP - if you don't have all the shit setup before hand (for CUCM) or kind of a template - figuring out that shit would be hell. The administration side of it is cake but engineering/design - holy fuck.

I'll look around for the Olsen book.  I haven't started looking for any CIPT2 material yet, but I suppose I need to.  If you find good CIPT2 stuff, please post it.

"Man - even with a CCVP - if you don't have all the shit setup before hand (for CUCM) or kind of a template - figuring out that shit would be hell. The administration side of it is cake but engineering/design - holy fuck."

Yeah...that's why I'm going back over my labs before moving on to the CIPT2.  :)

Goodness

I gotta get some certs outta the way now for Ironport - Web and Email.

Meh - got an ADTran device that emulates a CO - time to get some WAN connectivity and two gateways talking to each other and learn all about dial peers.  <grin>

You know, I think I've seen an AdTran device around the shop awhile back.  I never thought about using it in the lab.  How would it be useful?

Depends - it basically acts as a c0 would and you hook you fx0 into them - multiples

Hmmm...ok, well, I found the AdTran this morning.  I guess I'll take it home and see what it can do.  :)

rf

The specific model is the ADTran Atlas 550.  It can  be setup to emulate as CO.  You can setup numbers, etc., inside of it.  It seems that its a very popular device for VP/IE Labs.

I've been toying with this stuff - ugh - I may end up taking the CCNA Voice and try to take a VP test or two (cipt1/2)