Wal-Mart Scaling back gun sales...to stop violence

See article below. This is interesting....

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/03/walmart-plans-to-dramatically-step-back-from-gun-sales-after-horrific-shootings.html?__source=facebook%7Cmain&fbclid=IwAR1vgq1dLVN-jSZ6e3kSc8j1UFmhkFg5Htjt0-NEl5hFpUaRdGhiwodmhjI

Walmart said Tuesday it will discontinue all sales of handgun ammunition and sales of short-barrel rifle ammunition that can be used with military-style weapons, following two "horrific" shootings at Walmart stores this summer. It will also stop all handgun sales in Alaska, marking its complete exit from the handguns category.

It's not to stop anything other than potential bad press.  I'm sure the bean counters weighed the potential blowback after every mass shooting against the profits they get from selling guns and made a recommendation.  And the CEO made the final call.  But I have no doubt it was stricty a cost analysis.

1 Like
Soup and Beer - 

It's not to stop anything other than potential bad press.  I'm sure the bean counters weighed the potential blowback after every mass shooting against the profits they get from selling guns and made a recommendation.  And the CEO made the final call.  But I have no doubt it was stricty a cost analysis.

should be...they are a business....but I would not be surprised if they start it back years down the road once they disappear from the headlines. 

Fuck, I go to WalMart for ammo because their ammo is cheaper than getting it at Cabela's and the range, even when they both have sales.

Wow, I wonder if sporting good store prices will go up as a result 

sicko - 

very possible. I bet Academy will reap benefits from this. 

How stupid.

Le Shat
©

sicko - 

Prices have already started going up

1 Like

Can someone please explain to me what "short-barrel rifle ammunition" is? 

Ug. Great. As if ammo isn't already retardly expensive in commiefornia. Now this. LGS's will have a field day knowing there's no low-cost competition and we'll have to prepare our buttholes accordingly.

Welp, now there's literally zero reason for me to ever step inside one again. Ever. 

Stupidnewbie - 

Wondered that myself.

Personally I don't give a fuck... I buy my ammo in bulk online. If I had to buy 500 rounds from Walmart every time I went to the range I'd go broke.

They used to always have a big selection of badass (but probably low quality knives) in the sporting goods section. Hatchets, machetes, all that shit. I was looking for it a few days ago to try and find a good, small one hand opening folder. Nothing. I think they had like maybe 2 camping type knives mixed in with the other stuff. No deluxe selection.

Absolutely wonderful for the small business gun shops

Stupidnewbie -

Pretty much pistol ammo. SBRs (short barreled rifle) typically shoot some pistol calibers and a couple rifle rounds.

Given their logic of their position, I wonder if they'll scale back on credit card transactions in an effort to reduce fraud. 

Fucking idiots.

Scale back the McDonalds in your stores to curb fat disgusting slobs.

Ive been buying a buch of reloading gear to avoid the direction things are going

Gillette.
Nike.
Virtue signaling corpoate shills. dont care, dont use them for much anyway....big box can go the way of cable tv for all i care

b.d. -

Ug. Great. As if ammo isn't already retardly expensive in commiefornia. Now this. LGS's will have a field day knowing there's no low-cost competition and we'll have to prepare our buttholes accordingly.

Welp, now there's literally zero reason for me to ever step inside one again. Ever. 

Walmart already stopped selling in CA because of the new backround checks