wanderlei fought Mark hunt on 4 days notice

a few years ago. wanderlei didn had an an opponent for his fight on new years eve.

Wanderlei was offered Mark hunt and took the fight.

Budo

Funny contrast alright.
Wandy accepting a fight on fourdays notice against someone who dwarves him physically vs Jones turning down a MW

Please do not compare Wanderlei to JBJ. Phone Post

Plus Wand was supposed to fight Saku, who is the exact opposite of Marc Hunt.

Sonnen on the other hand is a less-credentialed wrestler than Hendo (i.e. an easier fight).

It was that fight actually that made me a fan of Silva, who I hated beforehand. The way he spend the second round half-dead and kept fighting was legend. Plus he got fucked in the decision and didn't bitch.

Didn't Bas once offer to fight Wand K-1 rules with PRIDE gloves on pretty short notice once? i remember him saying that.

On the Joe Rogan podcast actually.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moN5OqefuBA&feature=player_detailpage#t=4564s

absoluteidiot - Please do not compare Wanderlei to JBJ. Phone Post

This would be contrasting.

Wand is a real fighter who will fight anyone anytime. Where as Jones is scared to take a short notice fight against a middle weight that has already been chased out pf LHW. There is no comparison. Phone Post

Wand = Fighter

genshi -  Wand = Fighter

Wand = GOAT

Was a great fight too, if he hadn't we'd have never learned how hw samoans pass guard Phone Post

JBJ may be the best fighter, but not the greatest. The Chucks/Randys/Wands would have fought anyone, thats the difference.

guys like that are going extinct.

Yes...and he lost that fight.

First fight he lost in PRIDE if I recall...and he HAD TO HAVE taken some nasty damage from that slobberknocker + the atomic butt drop.

Then Vanderlie started losing one fight after another post Hunt.

Fast foward and vanderlei is now a shot fighter w/ many hardcore fans....but just way, way, waaaaaay too many people saying he was never really that good, overrated, etc, bla, bla, bla.

SKARHEAD - Yes...and he lost that fight.

First fight he lost in PRIDE if I recall...and he HAD TO HAVE taken some nasty damage from that slobberknocker + the atomic butt drop.

Then Vanderlie started losing one fight after another post Hunt.

Fast foward and vanderlei is now a shot fighter w/ many hardcore fans....but just way, way, waaaaaay too many people saying he was never really that good, overrated, etc, bla, bla, bla.

Lol. There are more reasons than JUST the Hunt fight as to why Wands career began to fade, it wasn't JUST because of that fight. Don't disregard his entire combat career and his opponents just for the sake of your argument.

And I still think Wand won that fight. Phone Post

a real fan does not care if a fighter wins or lose. he cares if the fighter fights.

as long a fighter fights i am happy. winning or losing i dont care about that ever.

Wanderlei always brought it, that it why i liked him fighting. that is why he has so many fans.

if you only care about wins or losing streaks. then your not a real fight fan. your a sports fan. and that is the big difference.

Jack Torrance - after the Cro-cop KO is when Wand went down hill, after that fight he was never the same.

He already lost to Hunt and Arona before that...His rematch against Arona wasn't impressive either...Cro Cop and Hendo came soon after.

"a real fan does not care if a fighter wins or lose. he cares if the fighter fights."

Do real fans like you mail them money once they're retired/released?