Wanderlei Silva Talks About Anderson Silva

fg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rx5WRuSiJOg

Disclaimer: big anderson fan

Nice to see the support for anderson. I hope wand is right. +hespect for wand. Phone Post 3.0

That video does not display a rational view of what is going on right now.

"We have to understand that all geniuses have a crazy side to them."

True words.

Kirik - 

I don't think people look to Wanderlei for "rational" viewpoints. He is an entertaining guy who occasionally speaks the truth.

Kirik -

Wandy not being rational? I won't believe it Phone Post 3.0

Kirik -

Careful with the fighter bashing please. Phone Post 3.0

Kirik - 

No. But it does show real genuine support. Better than throwing him under the bus or spouting bullshit about "I'm clean but 90% of fighters juice" that keeps getting quoted.

I don't blame Wand. PEDs are so much a part of the culture of MMA that for Anderson to have such a fall is a bit too much. I remember how Ben Jonhson was THE poster for roids for years and years (unjustly so) before so many got caught he finally was one among many instead of THE one. And as if other sprinters of the time were not using...

In Anderson's case, he was considered with GSP and Fedor among the best ever so I get how the shock is on another scale, but damn, it's not like he raped our GF or something.

frederic -
Kirik -

Lol Phone Post 3.0

He sounds like he can barely breathe. Phone Post 3.0

not sure how to feel about this whole situation.

brian bozworth, mike golic, several nfl players who were not superstars used peds but still couldn't put up the numbers other players did who also were on peds.

if everyone is using, and he (anderson) is still at the top, can we assume if everyone is clean he'd still be at the top?

i guess that's where my uncertaintly lies, how will we ever know?

HalfThisGameIs90PercentMental -
frederic -
Kirik -

Lol Phone Post 3.0
Ban Phone Post 3.0

"I'm here to support the athlete, always."

Love it Phone Post 3.0

Sounds like he started to gas during that speech. He can't breath through his nose at all.

D241 - 

not sure how to feel about this whole situation.

brian bozworth, mike golic, several nfl players who were not superstars used peds but still couldn't put up the numbers other players did who also were on peds.

if everyone is using, and he (anderson) is still at the top, can we assume if everyone is clean he'd still be at the top?

i guess that's where my uncertaintly lies, how will we ever know?

Not to condone but we already established that a large number of Anderson's opponents were caught either against himself after (or used the legal loop hole to use).

Let's remember thet Anderson won one of his most memorable fights while injured and his opponent pissed hot.

Sprawl'n'Stall - 
Kirik - 

<br />
<span class="User-157850" id="userPost52582270">No. But it does show real genuine support. Better than throwing him under the bus or spouting bullshit about &quot;I'm clean but 90% of fighters juice&quot; that keeps getting quoted.<br />
<br />
I don't blame Wand. PEDs are so much a part of the culture of MMA that for Anderson to have such a fall is a bit too much. I remember how Ben Jonhson was THE poster for roids for years and years (unjustly so) before so many got caught he finally was one among many instead of THE one. And as if other sprinters of the time were not using...<br />
<br />
In Anderson's case, he was considered with GSP and Fedor among the best ever so I get how the shock is on another scale, but damn, it's not like he raped our GF or something.</span></blockquote>

The difference of course is that the equivalent would be track stars who had failed a PED test publicly saying that Ben Johnson was an all time great and all this PED talk will pass. As your post indicates, all this PED talk does not pass. Johnson failed a test in 1988, and 26 plus years later, you did not speak about Johnson as one of the all time greats, you spoke about him as a poster child for cheating. Which he is.

Johnson initially denied it, and did not tell the truth until he was pulled before the Federal govemment. His coach said he had been juicing for near a decade.

That history is the reality of failing PEDs tests.

And that video does not reflect that reality.

Video should be titled, "Wandy giving Anderson's eulogy".

Kirik - 
Sprawl'n'Stall - 
Kirik - 

No. But it does show real genuine support. Better than throwing him under the bus or spouting bullshit about "I'm clean but 90% of fighters juice" that keeps getting quoted.

I don't blame Wand. PEDs are so much a part of the culture of MMA that for Anderson to have such a fall is a bit too much. I remember how Ben Jonhson was THE poster for roids for years and years (unjustly so) before so many got caught he finally was one among many instead of THE one. And as if other sprinters of the time were not using...

In Anderson's case, he was considered with GSP and Fedor among the best ever so I get how the shock is on another scale, but damn, it's not like he raped our GF or something.

The difference of course is that the equivalent would be track stars who had failed a PED test publicly saying that Ben Johnson was an all time great and all this PED talk will pass. As your post indicates, all this PED does not talk. Johnson failed a test in 1988, and 26 plus years later, you did not speak about Johnson as one of the all time greats, you spoke about him as a poster child for cheating. Which he is.

Johnson initially denied it, and did not tell the truth until he was pulled before the Federal govemment. His coach said he had been juicing for near a decade.

That history is the reality of failing PEDs tests.

And that video does not reflect that reality.

i remembered they had his test back in 16 hours,in 1988! don't forget 5 others doped too in that race.

He must snore like a chainsaw at night

He should really get that fixed Phone Post 3.0