Wanderlei Silva Talks About Anderson Silva

Having been juiced to the gills himself, of course Wanderlei will support Anderson.

Thanks anyways, Wand.

Morpheus1976 -
Kirik - 
Sprawl'n'Stall - 
Kirik - 

That video does not display a rational view of what is going on right now.

No. But it does show real genuine support. Better than throwing him under the bus or spouting bullshit about "I'm clean but 90% of fighters juice" that keeps getting quoted.

I don't blame Wand. PEDs are so much a part of the culture of MMA that for Anderson to have such a fall is a bit too much. I remember how Ben Jonhson was THE poster for roids for years and years (unjustly so) before so many got caught he finally was one among many instead of THE one. And as if other sprinters of the time were not using...

In Anderson's case, he was considered with GSP and Fedor among the best ever so I get how the shock is on another scale, but damn, it's not like he raped our GF or something.

The difference of course is that the equivalent would be track stars who had failed a PED test publicly saying that Ben Johnson was an all time great and all this PED talk will pass. As your post indicates, all this PED does not talk. Johnson failed a test in 1988, and 26 plus years later, you did not speak about Johnson as one of the all time greats, you spoke about him as a poster child for cheating. Which he is.

Johnson initially denied it, and did not tell the truth until he was pulled before the Federal govemment. His coach said he had been juicing for near a decade.

That history is the reality of failing PEDs tests.

And that video does not reflect that reality.

i remembered they had his test back in 16 hours,in 1988! don't forget 5 others doped too in that race.
That's the point dude, we do forget the others, none of us can name them.. In 20-25 years none of us will remember Lombard, Sonnen, Barnett or Siver for failing tests. We'll all remember Silva as the guy who did it Phone Post 3.0

"Every genius is a little crazy...".
As if Anderson pulled something a little eccentric. Sonnenesque stuff there Wand.

His leagacy hasn't changed? Can never be touched? Yes, sadly it is changed forever even if he was surely one of many.

Kirik - 
Sprawl'n'Stall - 
Kirik - 

That video does not display a rational view of what is going on right now.

<br />
<span class="User-157850" id="userPost52582270">No. But it does show real genuine support. Better than throwing him under the bus or spouting bullshit about &quot;I'm clean but 90% of fighters juice&quot; that keeps getting quoted.<br />
<br />
I don't blame Wand. PEDs are so much a part of the culture of MMA that for Anderson to have such a fall is a bit too much. I remember how Ben Jonhson was THE poster for roids for years and years (unjustly so) before so many got caught he finally was one among many instead of THE one. And as if other sprinters of the time were not using...<br />
<br />
In Anderson's case, he was considered with GSP and Fedor among the best ever so I get how the shock is on another scale, but damn, it's not like he raped our GF or something.</span></blockquote>

The difference of course is that the equivalent would be track stars who had failed a PED test publicly saying that Ben Johnson was an all time great and all this PED talk will pass. As your post indicates, all this PED talk does not pass. Johnson failed a test in 1988, and 26 plus years later, you did not speak about Johnson as one of the all time greats, you spoke about him as a poster child for cheating. Which he is.

Johnson initially denied it, and did not tell the truth until he was pulled before the Federal govemment. His coach said he had been juicing for near a decade.

That history is the reality of failing PEDs tests.

And that video does not reflect that reality.

Are you comparing Wand to a track star because he ran from a test?

Love both guys. Honestly I just wish things would have turn out a bit different. For both of them. Phone Post 3.0