Wanderlei vs Chael In Brazil at XFC

Via BJpenn.com

Wanderlei Silva may be retired, but there have been rumors of a potential Silva return. Last week a report surfaced that Silva could face Phil Baroni on New Years Eve in Japan

During XFC International in Brazil this past weekend, Silva was asked about a potential matchup against Chael Sonnen, the man Silva was scheduled to face before the pair retired.

Silva was given a lifetime ban by the NSAC, meaning he can never compete in Nevada, and Sonnen cannot compete in Nevada for 2-years, however Brazil doesn’t particularly seem to care about that. When asked about the potential matchup, Silva replied:

“If (Sonnen) accepts the fight, why not? I’d do it. Why not? I’m here. Come get it.” Phone Post 3.0

JoeMimic - Yeah Chael won't bite. He's serving his time and keeping his name out there with his podcast. He'll be back on Fox and doing UFC stuff in no time. Phone Post 3.0
Anything could happen it seems Phone Post 3.0

the silliest part of this is the notion that wanderlei would even sign to fight to him

JoeMimic - Yeah Chael won't bite. He's serving his time and keeping his name out there with his podcast. He'll be back on Fox and doing UFC stuff in no time. Phone Post 3.0
That seems most plausible. Phone Post 3.0

Thefifthscallop -
That seems most plausible. Phone Post 3.0
We've definitely seen crazier things Phone Post 3.0

Yeah, that shits not gonna happen.
Chaels not stupid, and he doesn't need the money. All he has to do is bide his time, keep semi-relevant, and he'll be back in the good graces of everyone, particularly Fox and other MSM. It would be beyond poor form for someone who has aspirations as a paid public figure/TV Personality to do some underhanded shit like fighting out of the Country usurping his suspension. Chaels gonna be fine in time. Why risk a potentially long and prosperous career in TV,by taking a fight for short money right now. Doesn't make sense.

For Wandy, I don't blame him for taking fights while being life time banned . He got a raw deal. Its not like he has an aspiring career outside of the fight game, he still wants to fight, so fuck NSAC for trying to cock block. If I were him I'd take every fight offered, and send them bitches at the AC highlight videos, and photocopies of check stubbs. Screw those dudes. If they Gave him a reasonable suspension, which was warranted IMO, I wouldn't have the same opinion. But they didn't, they had to flex their nuts, so yeah fuck them. Fight on Wandy!!

sekundarburnes - the silliest part of this is the notion that wanderlei would even sign to fight to him

lmao this. wanderlei had his chance to fight chael many times. then they both got caught with shit (yes wandy got caught thats why he ran because he knew he was caught)

Chael's not going to defy the terms of his suspension. Metamoris should have never been an issue, but this wouldn't be smart for regaining face Phone Post 3.0

GSDbestbreed - Yeah, that shits not gonna happen.
Chaels not stupid, and he doesn't need the money. All he has to do is bide his time, keep semi-relevant, and he'll be back in the good graces of everyone, particularly Fox and other MSM. It would be beyond poor form for someone who has aspirations as a paid public figure/TV Personality to do some underhanded shit like fighting out of the Country usurping his suspension. Chaels gonna be fine in time. Why risk a potentially long and prosperous career in TV,by taking a fight for short money right now. Doesn't make sense.

For Wandy, I don't blame him for taking fights while being life time banned . He got a raw deal. Its not like he has an aspiring career outside of the fight game, he still wants to fight, so fuck NSAC for trying to cock block. If I were him I'd take every fight offered, and send them bitches at the AC highlight videos, and photocopies of check stubbs. Screw those dudes. If they Gave him a reasonable suspension, which was warranted IMO, I wouldn't have the same opinion. But they didn't, they had to flex their nuts, so yeah fuck them. Fight on Wandy!!

Agreed 100%

And fuck the PED witch hunts.